Running LED lights.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running LED lights.

How do you get the Running led lights to work at night? think it looks S**t hot

You cant. Unles you have your dealer to do some illegal changes in the cars computer.
    Read arround on this forum, its been up serveral times.

Comment

The thing is, either the dipped beam and LED light wil be on all time or it will be as it is right now, thats what i heard.
      You cant trick it to just have the LED on at daytime and then both on at night.

http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...light=daylight

But when driving in the city where there is enough light i only drive with the LED on from time to time (those the 0 at you controller arm), and never been stopped or blinked at, the LED Actually gives a pretty good light. Plus the Rear light will be turned on to
      Last edited by Eiken; 10-12-2010, 10:44.

Comment

In the UK we don't have the rear lights on when DRLs are on. From 2012 DRLs will be a legal requirement on all cars registered after August 2012. So I have heard, in EU and UK.

Comment

DRL's are required on all vehicles from 2012, but it does't change how they are configured. On when engine running and no other lights on, to go off when ANY other forward facing light are switched ON (UK requirements).

Comment

Originally posted by Gareth View Post
            In the UK we don't have the rear lights on when DRLs are on.

This is the biggest deficiency of the current factory set-up, imo.

I know I'm in a minority here on this one, but I don't give a damn about not being able to have the DRLs on at the same time as the headlights. There's no functional need to have them on at the same time , and the DS3 is eye-catching enough as it is, without the need to dazzle anyone coming in the other direction. Just my opinion - to each his own etc etc

However, I do find it a real pain that in poorish conditions, like we've been having lately, when the DRLs are perfectly adequate for alerting vehicles ahead of me, I have to turn the headlights on, and the DRLs off, merely in order to get the rear tail-lights on before some idiot ploughs into the back of me!

This doesn't seem to be required by the regulations, as smill141 points out:

Originally posted by smill141 View Post
            DRL's are required on all vehicles from 2012, but it does't change how they are configured. On when engine running and no other lights on, to go off when ANY other forward facing light are switched ON (UK requirements).
            Now, if someone can find a way to get the tail-lights on at the same time as the DRLs, but without having the headlights on, then I'd be interested!
            Last edited by gar074; 10-12-2010, 12:14.

Comment

Well here in Denmark - if you have the Light set to Auto and only the DRL is on the rear light wont be on, but if you set the control to 0 then the DRL and rear light will be on.
              Wierd if it works another way in the UK

Comment

first let me say I personally would love to keep my DRL's on with my sidelights but unfortunately it is not to be.

As for regulations and when 'forward facing' lights come on i.e your side lights, your rear lights will come on at the same time (that's a whole list of other regulations) as they are part of the same electrical circuit.

It sounds like it is configurable in the vehicles control module, as Denmark has that configuration, so you need a tame service tech to reconfigure the module and then hope the local traffic cops don't care.

Comment

Im Not Gunna Say Anything But Just Let My Pictures Do The Talking...

Comment

Originally posted by john55810uk
                    OK smart ass, how did you get that done?
                    Mark B Sorted Me Out

Comment

we have been through this before..

Audi's use the same LED module for DRL and side lights, what they do is when running in should we say in DRL mode they effectively supply FULL power to the LED module, this gives you the 'bright' light, when they switch the sidelight and head lights on they run the LED module at HALF power which effectively reduced the brightness of the light. So in simple terms there you go one light module 2 functions, if you want me to go into the whole PWM functionality of controlling LED's I can... if you have a couple of hours

Comment

are your lights blue or is it just the photo?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DS3 enthusiast View Post
                          are your lights blue or is it just the photo?
                          I've Changed The Bulbs, They Change Colour At Different Angles...

Comment

ooooh, where did you get the bulbs from? Just standard from any shop? Also, how difficult was it to get in there to change them? Looks really good
                            sigpic

Comment

Ok so took delivery of our ds3 White today and could not believe that the drl's turn off when you put the side and headlights on. What's the secret cause yours looks the dogs !!

Appreciate any help

Crezi

Comment

Working...
                              X