Upgrading front fogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading front fogs

Anyone done some upgrades to their front fog lamps, led or something?

Nope not me but interested to hear if anyone has
    DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
    Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

I did ask a seller about this when I first got my DS3, he advised against it but I can't remember why now... It might have been to do with the field of light from the LEDs compared to the OEM lights
      sigpic

Comment

I'm following this thread! How weak are our foglights? Weaker then the headlights..

Comment

The nature of the lights is to be found in the name - fog light.

The general working of a fog light is not to increase the depth of field as their light only fires to a distance of 10/12 feet in front of the car, but to increase the cone of light surrounding the car. Exactly what you need when it is foggy and can't see the road edge!

Changing the bulb to a LED is putting yourself at risk for when you really need to use the lights for what they are intended for.
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Yeah, I know, but I almost can't see any difference between foglights on or of...

Comment

I've used the fog lights once and was v happy with the brightness as described by Biggie above....
              sigpic

Comment

Front fog lamps provide a wide, bar-shaped beam of light with a sharp cutoff at the top, and are generally aimed and mounted low .

They may produce white or selective yellow light, and are intended for use at low speed to increase the illumination directed towards the road surface and verges in conditions of poor visibility due to rain, fog, dust or snow. They are sometimes used in place of dipped-beam headlamps, reducing the glareback from fog or falling snow, although the legality varies by jurisdiction of using front fog lamps without low beam headlamps.

The DS3 'fog lamps' are the most useless lamps that I've ever had on a car - might as well have a couple of glow worms stuck on the front for all the use they are in fog!! There's no chance of using them instead of dipped headlights as suggested above - yes they can be activated with just sidelights.

check out these beauties that we used to have on our rally cars
                Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Maybe it's because I've got xenon headlights.. But still, compared to other cars, I still find the foglight weak..

Comment

i dont think ive ever seen fog that bad in the uk where ive felt the need to use the fog lights. there is nothing more irritating than people that drive along with their fog lights on for no reason.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhill View Post
                      i dont think ive ever seen fog that bad in the uk where ive felt the need to use the fog lights. there is nothing more irritating than people that drive along with their fog lights on for no reason.
                      Used mine for the first time last week when travelling home from visiting family. Proper Silent Hill style fog. They made a big difference for me.
                      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
                        ...Proper Silent Hill style fog...
                        The best kind of fog, was your radio playing static?
                        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                        Bigfeet's File Repository
                        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                          The best kind of fog, was your radio playing static?
                          Yeah, couldn't get any service. It was a fun drive home. Maximum of 30 all the way to the motorway
                          - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Never used mine yet, so interested to see what this thread comes up with
                            Not had many pea soupers down here recently- even being close to the sea
                            sigpic
                            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Do not even know how to turn them on. Have had fog lights on all my cars for the last 20 years and have never used them once.
                              Originally posted by cyclone
                              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                              Originally posted by Broda
                              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Working...
                              X