DPF Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DPF Removal

We've been notified today by the Department of Transport that from February 16th 2014, the DPF/FAP will be a legal requirement for MOT if fitted from standard by means of a visual inspection.

www.SPTuning.co.uk
    Facebook.com/SPTuning.Ltd
    White on red THP
    Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Why is that? my understanding is that it holds particles until the regeneration which burns off the held particles and vents to atmosphere anyway so whats the difference? or is it me being dumb which is very possible
    DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
    Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

DPF Removal

The burned off particles are far greener than soot mass.

www.SPTuning.co.uk
      Facebook.com/SPTuning.Ltd
      White on red THP
      Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Just do what I did and find a friendly MOT man

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
          Just do what I did and find a friendly MOT man
          OOh. That's not much notice
          And tell everyone on this forum you've put it back on. may be an idea
          Last edited by Chris_Blue; 05-12-2013, 20:11.
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Drive it properly and you shouldn't* have a problem.

*This is by no means gospel, lol
            BumbleBee OneTwenteeee!

Comment

Read about DPFs being an MOT failure in the National papers today
              Complaint was that this forces more costs onto the Diesel owners to maintain them at a cost
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

The fact that 90% of people don't actually NEED a diesel, they just think they need one to save money, when in reality diesels are more expensive to buy in the first place, the diesel itself is more expensive, servicing should be done more regularly so therefor you need to be doing a silly amount of miles per year to claw back the costs of owning a diesel to make it worthwhile.
                BumbleBee OneTwenteeee!

Comment

My understanding is that you will only save money with a diesel if you are a high mileage driver
                  DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
                  Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Originally posted by Sash View Post
                    The fact that 90% of people don't actually NEED a diesel, they just think they need one to save money, when in reality diesels are more expensive to buy in the first place, the diesel itself is more expensive, servicing should be done more regularly so therefor you need to be doing a silly amount of miles per year to claw back the costs of owning a diesel to make it worthwhile.
                    Originally posted by Gazski66 View Post
                    My understanding is that you will only save money with a diesel if you are a high mileage driver
                    It really would depend on the car and its diesel and petrol engine choices. For the DS3 Tthe German ADAC info data bank shows the complete cost per mile at 10k miles per year for 4 years the VTI120 would be cheapest then the diesel 90 and 115 and the THP as most expensive. It is possible for the ownership costs of an average milage diesel car to be cheaper. Maintenance wise that DPF is taking a beating with low milage stop start city driving and will most likely clog up with a hefty bill to replace. Have also seen comparisons for how many miles it would take for a diesel to be more economical and it was very car dependent; some models needed high milage and other cars only 0 miles to be cheaper. Definitely need to do your homework if just looking for the cheapest running costs. On the other hand cost is only 1 factor in choosing an engine for your car. I could not do without reving up a petrol and other people just love the right now torque a diesel provides.
                    Originally posted by cyclone
                    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                    Originally posted by Broda
                    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Durr, diesel, says it all, about as classy as cutting about with a phone case attached to your belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly Guy View Post
                        Durr, diesel, says it all, about as classy as cutting about with a phone case attached to your belt.
                        Love them cases. Had one for a bit
                        Thing is when you went for a pint, tended to take them off the hip, put on the bar, then leave the phone there
                        So didn't use the waist clip holder for long. Had to go back to too many bars! LOL
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Mmmm Double post ?? :confused:
                          Last edited by lfcrule1972; 16-12-2013, 12:41. Reason: Double posted by accident
                          sigpic

Comment

^ How rude Superfly Guy

With my annual mileage the diesel makes perfect sense, I have a s/sheet that I use when comparing new car purchases that gives me a better understanding of petrol v diesel. Currently I'm averaging around 22500 miles p.a.
                            sigpic

Comment

Diesel can be sporty can you say Le Mans winner.
                              http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...di-R10-TDI.jpg
                              Originally posted by cyclone
                              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                              Originally posted by Broda
                              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Working...
                              X