Roof Wrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof Wrap

So I'm thinking of getting a wrap put on the roof of my car in the spring for the year. I'll probably either go back to black at the end of the year or get a new colour put on. I've got a few questions though and I haven't been able to find all of the answers searching through the forum.

1) Will I need to inform the DVLA? I'm just planning on getting the roof done. Is it actually classed as a temporary change or not? Also the car is currently black on polar white so the car is registered as being white, after the change the bulk of the body colour will still be white so do the DVLA need to know?

2) Slight spin-off from my previous question, do I need to tell my insurance company. Once again the car is registered as being white. I'm not too bothered about telling them about it, but is it likely that they'll care?

3) Will Citroen mind? I've got to give the car back in two and a half years. Presumably the answer is no because the wrap can be removed?

4) Finally is there anything I should be looking out for when I pick a place to get it wrapped? At the moment I'm just looking at 3M approved fitters.

Thanks guys!

Mines a black Ltd edition with white stripes on roof and on log book mine says black and white . I have since buying the car had roof sprayed white but have not notified dvla cause log book states black and white
    http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
    2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
    DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

You don't need to tell DVLA. But always tell insurance company if you are wrapping the whole car. You should be fine though with just the roof.
      Under the Act of Disclosure you need to tell insurance company of any changes at all really.
      2015 DS3 DSport Plus 1.6 165thp - Evil Edition Mk2 - 176bhp

Comment

Thanks guys, yeah I think I'll go without telling the DVLA.
        Do any of you have any experience with colour modifications and insurance? Do these things push the price up much beyond the admin fee they charge for the change? I mean it's just a colour change after all, not a performance part (I'm not planning on getting go-faster stripes put on)

Comment

1) No

2) No

3) No

4) I'd only use a 3M company so you're on the right track .

Comment

Awesome.
            One final question, plasti dip. What are people's thoughts on that stuff? I've been speaking to a wrapper and he suggested plasti dip. I've just had a read up on it and it sounds amazing!

Comment

Well it's good and it'll be cheaper than a wrap - just not as durable.

Comment

Originally posted by richardlartey View Post
                Awesome.
                One final question, plasti dip. What are people's thoughts on that stuff? I've been speaking to a wrapper and he suggested plasti dip. I've just had a read up on it and it sounds amazing!
                Found it really good to work with. Did my front grill 2 month ago, and it still looks like been newly applied
                Going to do roof myself- when weathers warmer and drier. Maybe 2 cans i think. Just dont gloss it as the plastidip wont come off that easily after- and if you want to wrap after removal, it will have to be degreased
                %10 of the cost of a wrap.
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Thanks for your help guys, I'll probably be getting it done at the end of January.
                  Now for the most difficult part... picking a colour.

Comment

Working...
                  X