Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long life Custom Exhaust

Hi guys,
    I'm thinking about having TonyBanks in leeds fit me a custom long life exhaust to cat back, he has done my previous C4 and it was awesome some has anyone had them fitted on the THP?? if so what are they like??

One of my customers had a long life exhaust fitted to there THP....it looked s**t!!! Poor fabrication and they cut up the original exhaust for parts to make the new one....

www.SPTuning.co.uk
    Facebook.com/SPTuning.Ltd
    White on red THP
    Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Did you tell the customer? Was he/she a DS3'er?
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Think it really depends on which branch do it, I would highly recomend them they have done two of our family's cars and they have been spotless and for the price carnt complain just would like to see if anyone else had done it.

Comment

Yeah it was Ds3 THP, they had cut the flanges off the stock cat, welded them to a high flow cat. Cat was cheap quality as it kept flagging faults up for cat efficiency below threshold. Same as what you get when you fit decat. Hence that's why it came to me for the cat sensing to be deactivated. The back box they used was a single tailpipe outlet with a "y" piece welded on the end to make twin tailpipe.
          Car also blew its turbo after a few months, probably because the exhaust back pressure was all wrong.
          When Milltek did ours they measured back pressure in 3 parts of the stock system by drilling into it and welding bosses in place to connect there pressure gauge. The new system also had these same bosses in place so they could test the pressures to make sure they resemble that of the stock exhaust.

www.SPTuning.co.uk
          Facebook.com/SPTuning.Ltd
          White on red THP
          Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Tony banks in Leeds did an awesome job with my previous cars and they did not cause any problems and I ran it for over a year without a single issue, plus a legit longlife dealer should have explained that they have a lifetime garuntee/warrenty so any problems should have been sorted free of charge. The company who fitted there exhaust system must have been cheap and in a hurry.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
              When Milltek did ours they measured back pressure in 3 parts of the stock system by drilling into it and welding bosses in place to connect there pressure gauge. The new system also had these same bosses in place so they could test the pressures to make sure they resemble that of the stock exhaust.
              Thats good- cos I bought one off you LOL
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Thinking about getting this done soon ish I'll post a video and photos of the system afterwards

Comment

Working...
                X