Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel spacers

Hi all,

Since she has been lowered i am thinking about putting some wheel spacers on to widen the stance slightly, has anyone done this and does it affect the handling at all, good or bad?

Thanks.

I have spacers on mine and it becomes a rough ride at about 60+ mph, However some of that could be down to the amount of potholes that has ruined my alloys.
    :ds3:The Parts Advisor:ds3:
    Partsworld-UK.com
    Email
    Call: 01246 268896
    We're also dealers for Alfa, Fiat, Abarth, Hyundai, Seat, Suzuki and Volvo
    *Please take a minute to write a quick review under your items on Partsworld-UK.com and also on Facebook*

Comment

Do you have any pics Aidan, I'm interested in the effect on a DS3
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dsratz View Post
        Since she has been lowered i am thinking about putting some wheel spacers on to widen the stance slightly, has anyone done this and does it affect the handling at all, good or bad?
        Are you keeping he standard wheels on ?

If anyone ever buys spacers make sure for the love of god that they're hubcentic. With my new wheels I'm having to run 15mm rears and 20mm fronts. 20mm is pretty much the max I'd recommend. As long as they're hubcentric you shouldn't have a problem.

Comment

Spot on Zack.....good reasons here!

http://www.superforma.co.uk/hubcentric-explained

JB

Comment

Good advice Zack, thank you....I never even thought about that.
            DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
            Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys and yes Zack standard wheels. Hubcentric it is then! Cheers

Comment

Happy to help, I know what it's like when your wheel falls off due to not using hubcentric spacers...

Comment

Yeah Zack, after a quick search i found your post about that....Brutal.

Comment

So other than looking a bit wider, do spacers add to the grip and throwing it around?
                    And are spacers best all round, or just the back, to stabilise?
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                      So other than looking a bit wider, do spacers add to the grip and throwing it around?
                      As they screw up the steering geometry I doubt if they add grip! They can also increase loadings on the wheel bearings.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                        As they screw up the steering geometry I doubt if they add grip! They can also increase loadings on the wheel bearings.
                        Any positives?
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                        X