DS3 Air Ride 'Bagged'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seands3dsport View Post
    That's absolutely gorgeous! What kind of price tag am I looking at for a decent air suspension? Cheers
    Thanks Sean
    The cheapest system I got quoted for was around £2.5k at OnlyChargedDubs. That includes, basic switchbox management, basic boot install, 1 compressor, 3 gallon tank(I think), all the bags, brackets, front camber top mounts, and BC coilovers they swap the coils with the bags.

I got a used accuair elevel management and a bootbuild with hardlines for a steal! It cost me in total just over £3.5k fitted. That's over the course of a year as I got the coilovers first, then the accuair and boot install, then I got it all fitted by OnlyChargedDubs last month.
    DSport 1.6 HDI 110

Comment

Originally posted by HANENG18 View Post
      Thanks Sean
      The cheapest system I got quoted for was around £2.5k at OnlyChargedDubs. That includes, basic switchbox management, basic boot install, 1 compressor, 3 gallon tank(I think), all the bags, brackets, front camber top mounts, and BC coilovers they swap the coils with the bags.

I got a used accuair elevel management and a bootbuild with hardlines for a steal! It cost me in total just over £3.5k fitted. That's over the course of a year as I got the coilovers first, then the accuair and boot install, then I got it all fitted by OnlyChargedDubs last month.
      No problem ! With the 3 gallon tank, do you need to get that refilled or changed? and if so, are these expensive and how long do they last, before needing changed?

Comment

No problem ! With the 3 gallon tank, do you need to get that refilled or changed? and if so, are these expensive and how long do they last, before needing changed?
        Might I suggest 60 seconds or so of internet searching about how these systems work. I am sure it would be quite beneficial.
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

It never needs changing, the whole system acts the same an air compressor you would have in a garage or workshop. The compressors top up the tank whenever the psi drops below a certain level. With mine, I have 3 preset heights and individual control for each corner of the car. When I start the engine, it automatically moves to level 2(ride height). If the tanks pressure drops low enough, the compressors start up to get the tank back up to 150psi(max psi). They run for maybe a minute then shut off. Basically, once it's all installed. You don't have to change any parts. Only thing I have to do is drain the tank of water as condensation builds up when it's pressurising.
          DSport 1.6 HDI 110

Comment

Working...
          X