No announcement yet.

HID Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i went for the 6000k, my brother in his passat has got 8000 and they are a bit too much blue for my liking
    Last edited by HerbyDS3; 23-01-2011, 21:09.

Comment

Im gonna get some ordered tomoz are they a close match to the day time running lights? N final question lol do you think it will void the warranty?

Comment

Dunno about the warrenty, but certainly worth reading this . http://reviews.ebay.com/Xenon-headli...00000008856492 before committing to such a mod. and has anyone bothered to check which lamps are supplied, as I understand it there are 2 distinct types of HID lamps and one is suitable only for use with projector style lamps units and is not suitable for fitting into "conventional reflector" headlamps.

Comment

Originally posted by Adz_cupp View Post
          do you think it will void the warranty?
          Yeah More Than Likely...

Happened With My Mates C2 Code...

Comment

At the end of the day IF any problems do happen, its a 5 minute job to take them off and put existing bulbs in.
            And with the case of warranty issues.....its just as risky with remaps, suspension work, exhausts blah blah blah. all void the cars warranty.

Comment

Looks realy cool :cool:
              Now only put the LED lights on with Lexia III !!
              DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx - Forge Pipe Kit - Forge Induction Kit - Forge Recirculating Valve - Custom Intercooler - H&R 25mm

Comment

Mine are a bit like that too, only I did it with regular halogen bulbs :P , nice effect though

Comment

Originally posted by HerbyDS3 View Post
                  At the end of the day IF any problems do happen, its a 5 minute job to take them off and put existing bulbs in.
                  And with the case of warranty issues.....its just as risky with remaps, suspension work, exhausts blah blah blah. all void the cars warranty.
                  Oh are they that easy to change back so no drilling or anything??

Comment

HID's are a must IMO but you do have to be careful what you buy. I used to import them from South Korea a few years back before the Chinese models flooded the market with cheaper but often inferior kits. They may be much better now but in the early days they used to last about 3-4 months before developing faults like flickering and ballast failures. People should pay partucular attention to the connectors as that was often the weak points on the Chinese kits. In use though they are brilliant and will cut through rain and fog much nicer than filament bulbs.They also light up reflective materials like road signs and the sides and tail of emergency vehicles like Christmas lights which is a bonus to those of us who have a real heavy right foot!!
                    Fitting is easy and should take no more than an hour to a complete novice. My only tip which catches a lot of peope out is if they dont work after connecting it all together, just swap around the + and - terminals from the cars original wiring loom as the ballasts only fire one way. The kit is not necessarily broken.

Just found a link to a site I know of generally how a kit is put together. The kit you see is the older type with seperate ignitor and ballast which is now in the one box so even easier to build. You do need to drill a hole with a hole cutter into the back of the light housing caps but they are easy to replace if need be and there should be no permanent modifications to the cars wiring loom so it should be fully reversable in 15mins or so.
                    http://www.fq101.co.uk/how-to-guides...ting-hids.html
                    Last edited by Kenjikojo; 25-01-2011, 12:56.

Comment

Originally posted by john55810uk View Post
                      Dunno about the warrenty, but certainly worth reading this . http://reviews.ebay.com/Xenon-headli...00000008856492 before committing to such a mod. and has anyone bothered to check which lamps are supplied, as I understand it there are 2 distinct types of HID lamps and one is suitable only for use with projector style lamps units and is not suitable for fitting into "conventional reflector" headlamps.
                      Regardless to the fact they say they are illegal....its just the same as people driving around with bright blue led sidelights, the DRLs give off more glare than the HIDs at night so those that change it on the lexia are in the same boat.You only live once at the end of the day so sod it mwahahahahahahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by HerbyDS3 View Post
                        You only live once at the end of the day so sod it mwahahahahahahahahaha
                        Amen Bro !

Comment

High Five :L

Comment

For anyone considering HID conversion this info on this webpage might be useful . http://www.hids4u.co.uk/h7bulbtype.html

Comment

I saw this on ebay and I think I will buy them

http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/PHILIPS-H7-X...item45f851aa8c

But this is not for cars with can-bus system. Does the DS3 have such a canbus system or will this kit just work well?

Thanks

Comment

im going crazy, have to return mine or see if they change the bulbs. They sent me the H7 bulbs and not the H7R ones which are the correct bulbs for the DS3. Make sure you buy the kit that has the H7R bulbs.

Comment

Working...
                                X