Picture request: mud flaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picture request: mud flaps

So could not find a lot of pictures of a ds3 with oem mud flap. Anyone willing to share their picture? Want to know how they look on my black ds3 before i buy them
    http://www.autoweek.nl/verbruik/13739/citroen-ds3-e-hdi-90-so-chic-2011

Untitled by lfcrule1972, on Flickr

Hope these give you an idea

Untitled by lfcrule1972, on Flickr
    Last edited by lfcrule1972; 14-10-2014, 21:15.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks, always wondered what they looked like, I like them

Comment

No worries - I like them too, they look good and finish the car off a bit in my opinion. That said they aren't terribly functional so if you were expecting them to catch all the mud/crap off the roads at this time of year they won't !

I got mine from eBay as they were quite a lot cheaper than the dealer was selling them for If I recall correctly I paid £45ish for the front and back pairs....
        sigpic

Comment

Is drilling required for fitting these?
          There are only three kinds of people in this world... Those who can count, and those who can't...

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
            No worries - I like them too, they look good and finish the car off a bit in my opinion. That said they aren't terribly functional so if you were expecting them to catch all the mud/crap off the roads at this time of year they won't !

I got mine from eBay as they were quite a lot cheaper than the dealer was selling them for If I recall correctly I paid £45ish for the front and back pairs....
            I'm looking at fitting the team torque steer mud flaps as they seem to offer a bit more protection,has anyone got those fitted? Just wondered what you think of them?or has anyone got an opinion on them?

Comment

Not really about mud flaps but that's some shine in the first pic looks great

Comment

I installe them few years ago on my Racing. They look nice, reduce stone hits on the sides. Otherwise they do not keep the shit from flowing from the fender on the sides.
                Wider, soft ones would be better protection in mind.
                Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
                ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Markymark View Post
                  Not really about mud flaps but that's some shine in the first pic looks great
                  Thanks - It was cleaned and polished for the FCS at Castle Combe in the summer but I have to be honest and say that Soran enhanced the photo for me

That said if you look at the pics of Wes' DS3 you can see the same shine achieved with hard work and elbow grease !
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HailVectron View Post
                    Is drilling required for fitting these?
                    From memory I think I drilled the back ones so that the self tapping screws could screw into the rear bumper, don't remember drilling the front flaps though...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnarok View Post
                      I installe them few years ago on my Racing. They look nice, reduce stone hits on the sides. Otherwise they do not keep the shit from flowing from the fender on the sides.
                      Wider, soft ones would be better protection in mind.
                      Could you have a look at the teamtorquesteer mudflaps & let me know what you think please?

Comment

Originally posted by Markymark View Post
                        Could you have a look at the teamtorquesteer mudflaps & let me know what you think please?
                        I think theyre great

sigpic
                        http://www.teamtorquesteer.co.uk

Comment

Ha ha
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, one hole needs drilling for back ones with wheels off ideally. No drilling for fronts

Comment

Originally posted by Teamtorquesteer View Post
                              I think theyre great

Not biased at all lol on a serious note do you need to drill to fit them?

Comment

Working...
                              X