No announcement yet.

My New 16 Plate DS3 Dark Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there space between the mat and the back of the footwell? Possibly the floor mat holder pieces in the footwells were installed to far forwards that could be the reason both sets of mats hit the gas pedal.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

^ What cyclone said, sounds like the holes in the carpet for the male part of the mat clips is too far forwards...... From memory there is no adjustment for these clips/holes
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DS3Will View Post
        Now with the mats, he agreed that there was a problem there and so he gave me a new set of mats but they were exactly the same size!
        You really shouldn't be using the mats until your issue is fully sorted, if you were to cause a collision due to your throttle jamming you'd be the one held accountable not the dealership as you've continued to use a clearly faulty removable part.

Either the footwell in automatics is different or your foot well has been constructed incorrectly.

Hope you're able to get it sorted!

Comment

My car mats that was supplied by my local garage have caught under my clutch pedal quite a few times, i know how to position them now so it doesn't happen but its tripped me up a few times, scares the hell out of you. Hasn't done it since in my 115 but did in my 90 a lot, different pedals and different mats
          Bwaaahhhhhh and Pshhttt erryday!

(Current) THP 155 Black & White. White Racing Decals (+2 bhp each)

(Past) E-HDI Airdream 115 Black. Orange Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)
          E-HDI Airdream 90 White & Black. Full Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)

Comment

Working...
          X