A little wash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little wash

Have been wanting to clean my car for a little while now as it has been in real need of one and with my Mum just having got hers she wanted to give it a clean so thought jump in and clean mine as well.

And after a quite a few hours.

Still need to do the inside, but luckily have tomorrow off so have come in to do some gaming and finish off the inside tomorrow, especially my carpets they really need a good hoover. I would quite like to get my car waxed but not quite sure where to get it done locally from a decent place, not quite sure I would trust myself doing it, would be afraid of ruining it somehow. Also want to find a decent snow foam for the next clean as well.

Very nice Berch! Pair of belters there!! Way-haaaaaaay!
    DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Don't be afraid to wax it yourself as long as you don't let the wax go off its well worth doing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking good!

As Kev mentioned, Waxing is fine to do by yourself. It does nothing to your paintwork other than protect and enhance it. So there is nothing you can really do wrong.

Just read the intructions on the one you use, all a a bit different. Once you see the gloss you'll be hooked! I tend to wax before I use a product on the matt black areas, the one I use cleans off any wax residue that has crept onto the darker area's and dried white. I use Auto Glym Bumper Restore.

Wax wise I used to nab some of my Dads expensive zymol he had for the 911, but I'm in Manchester now and the wax (and my Dad) are in Norfolk. This wax advised to melt in your hand and apply with your fingertips..... Just used the last of my Dodo Juice Light fantastic.

Never use too much, you'll be chasing it around the paintwork when it comes to buffing off. And I'd opt for a hard wax over a liquid.

Andy at CYR has some new samples in http://www.cleanyourride.uk/Soft99 why not try one out

Soft99 Fusso Dark 30ml
        Available in Light and Dark colour variant, the dark version is design for the use of dark colours car (e.g black, grey, etc).

This product contains PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene), which has a sufficient super hydrophobic ability and effectively protects the car surface from rain, dirt and other unwanted residue. Its thick hard coating repels water strongly, as water smoothly runs down and off the car surface.

I think he has some pics up on his Facebook page of his grey Peugeot he's used the above on.
        My DS3R3... nearly....
        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

The grey is beautiful when its clean! Not that I'd be biased or anything lol

Comment

Originally posted by Shauna_H View Post
            The grey is beautiful when its clean! Not that I'd be biased or anything lol
            Agreed! And neither am I ;-)
            DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
            X