New around here... - went to pick up my First DS3 last week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New around here... - went to pick up my First DS3 last week

went to pick up my first DS3 last week. Got a pretty good price on it, really happy with how it drives. Can't wait for the many miles that I will be driving in it. Any tips advice would be more than accepted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice, what engine/model is it?
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Hi BenS, its a 1.6 e-HDi Airdream DStyle Plus. Decided to go get a ruby red one with a grey roof. Looks great when the suns beaming down on it like it was today!

Comment

Sparkly. I have ruby red and when it's clean it looks fantastic in the sunshine. Yours is almost blinding me.
        "I'm a writer. I give the truth scope."
        https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010501688560

Comment

It's not as bright as that in person lol - although still bright. What colour roof do you have?

Comment

WOW!! That IS shiny. Welcome to the club Chris. Your :ds3: looks fantastic. Very nice
            DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Looks great, great engine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DS3-Chris View Post
                It's not as bright as that in person lol - although still bright. What colour roof do you have?
                Black roof for me.
                "I'm a writer. I give the truth scope."
                https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010501688560

Comment

Thanks Funky & Hyperkev

Comment

Speaking of shiny, have any of you guys got any advice on products that will keep the car looking really shiny? preferrably some that wont take a long time to apply. I was looking at the AutoGlym range, but dont know where to start with it all... :confused: Sadly as well, i dont have access to a pressure pump/hose pipe.

TIA

Chris

Comment

There's so much you can choose from, it's all down to personal preference really. Firstly, DON'T use a sponge nor a chamois leather. Use microfibre cloths and the 2 bucket method. One with the shampoo of your choice (AutoGlym is fairly decent, but I use Power Maxed Shampoo and Wax to save time) and one with clean water in to rinse your microfibre cleaning after every panel you do. Start with the roof and work your way down. I rinse every panel after cleaning it, but I think you may struggle without a pressure washer or at least a hose pipe, as you will need to hose the whole car down first to remove the loose dirt before even starting to wash it. Once fully washed, dry it off with a large microfibre towel, to prevent water marks undoing all your hard work. I use AutoGlym window shine for the windows and chrome bits and AutoGlym alloy cleaner and an alloy brush for the wheels. Always clean these last. Finally I use Simoniz Back to Black for the acrylic bits and Simoniz tyre shine to give the tyres a nice deep black finish.
                      Last edited by Funky; 05-04-2017, 17:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post
                        There's so much you can choose from, it's all down to personal preference really. Firstly, DON'T use a sponge nor a chamois leather. Use microfibre cloths and the 2 bucket method. One with the shampoo of your choice (AutoGlym is fairly decent, but I use Power Maxed Shampoo and Wax to save time) and one with clean water in to rinse your microfibre cleaning after every panel you do. Start with the roof and work your way down. I rinse every panel after cleaning it, but I think you may struggle without a pressure washer or at least a hose pipe, as you will need to hose the whole car down first to remove the loose dirt before even starting to wash it. Once fully washed, dry it off with a large microfibre towel, to prevent water marks undoing all your hard work. I use AutoGlym window shine for the windows and chrome bits and AutoGlym alloy cleaner and an alloy brush for the wheels. Always clean these last. Finally I use Simoniz Back to Black for the acrylic bits and Simoniz tyre shine to give the tyres a nice deep black finish.
                        not forgetting a snow foam

Comment

Welcome Chris,

pretty nice choice of colour. I've got the exact same (ruby red with moondust grey roof) car.
                          After a thorough wash 2 weeks ago I gave my red dragon a polish with autoglym super resin polish and it sparkled in the sun.
                          I can really recommend this product.
                          Enjoy your car!

The polish also helps very well to polish the tarnished chrome applications after the salty winter.
                          Last edited by Jan79; 05-04-2017, 18:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperkev View Post
                            not forgetting a snow foam
                            Ah yes of course! But without a powerwasher and nozzles or at very least a hose pipe, Chris may find things difficult keeping that amazing shine in his OP.

Comment

You can get a hand pump for the snow foam and buckets for the wash

Comment

Working...
                              X