Just Gard X'd the car !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Gard X'd the car !

Been out this afternoon applying the Gard X treatment to the car. I was originally going to have it applied by the dealer for £200 but following some research I bought the kit from Ebay. Got the full kit including window treatment, interior leather and carpet treatment for only £25. I figured that at that price it was worth a punt.

Anyway, fairly easy to apply probably took about an hour, not including washing. Conditions weren't ideal as it was quite hot and the polish was drying out quite quickly but overall fairly pleased with the result. Just glad I didn't pay £200 for it !!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lous car 037.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	363174Click image for larger version

Name:	Lous car 036.jpg
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	363176Click image for larger version

Name:	Lous car 038.jpg
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	363177

I cant take all the credit though, I did get a helping hand

Name:	Lous car 039.jpg
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	363178

I'll be treating the leather and carpets tomorrow, let you know how I get on.

Name:	Lous car 035.jpg
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	363175

Cheers,
    Rich.

Looking tidy Rich!

Same colours as the one I'm getting apart from the carbon dash.
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

do not want to put a downer on your joy. But have been and looked on ebay,and you bought the after care kit which is given free when you get the gardx treatment done to your car. The gardx treatment is done before with other stuff and you then get garrentees about stains marks ect as long as you use the after care kit once a month.But as i used it for well over two years and would not again .you will get about as much protection as i did .

Comment

In my opinion any superguard/scotchguard/gardX whatever they want to call it, is absolutely NOT worth paying for from a dealer. It's an absolute rip off and shouldn't be allowed to happen in my opinion.

The best care you can give your car is a weekly wash and wax every 2-3 months. Polish once a year. and remmeber you get what you pay for in terms of products.

As you say though, at £25 you can't really go wrong. What exactly was in the kit if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Well I was under the impression it was the full kit, not a aftercare kit.

It included a bottle of stage 1 treatment, then a bottle of stage 2 (one used on top of the other). It also had a carpet protector (aerosol), leather protector (spray), exterior glass treatment (helps the rain run off) and a interior glass treatment (stops misting). Whether it was an aftercare kit or not, I'm happy with it for £25, where as I would definately not have been happy with it at £200.

It remains to be seen if makes any difference long term as a few people I've spoken to say it does make a difference and an equal number say it doesn't !!

Cheers,
          Rich

Comment

Originally posted by alcaz1wolf View Post
            The gardx treatment is done before with other stuff and you then get garrentees about stains marks ect as long as you use the after care kit once a month.But as i used it for well over two years and would not again .you will get about as much protection as i did .
            Yeah, this is what I dont get about GardX etc. How can they sell it giving an 8 year guarantee, and then say you have to treat it once a month. Must have cost you a fortune over 2 years? Also what are they actually guaranteeing, that your car will never get dirty again? Bizarre :confused:

Rich.

Comment

to see what they garrentee..... never having to polish your car again.... and protection for uv rays visit. /www.gardx.co.uk/ but if you are happy thats all that matters as not many products do as they claim.You are also right it did cost me a fortune over the two years .I even did it more often than said.As they say a fool and his money is soon parted.And when i traded in the car it still had stone chips and scratches and knocks from others opening doors on it so was not impressed.Hope it works for you at least it did not cost you the earth ,and every thing is worth trying to keep our cars at there best.

Comment

Working...
              X