Following CliveP's Advice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Following CliveP's Advice...

...i visited another website (not sure if i should say the name?) and got a few cleaning tips

Well my DS is now 3 days old! With 160 miles on it, it didn't feel new and clean anymore, so i gave her a decent wash

Used some new Autoglym products, one of which was an Aqua Wax or something? Anyway, wasn't really impressed as took alot of effort to buff off, kinda ruining the idea of the 2 bucket method to avoid swirls! Don't know whether i put too much on, or left it too long?

Anyhu, these are my pics

Before and during

This is the colour of the water in the 2nd bucket with loads of grit in the bottom, shows that its worth using two buckets, as this would've been on my mitt and swirling the paint!

After

Next week i'm gonna remove the wheels and seal them with some Poorboys stuff, and paint the calipers in some high temp gloss black caliper paint, as they look like they'll go rusty in a week!

Just really enjoying driving her atm, really surprised at how quick it is, even compared to my old RenaultSport Clio 200
    Last edited by Faxo; 03-09-2011, 11:15.
    63 Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDi S Line
    X Sunflower Yellow Clio 172
    12 Audi A1 2.0 TDi Black Edition
    61 DS3 DSport Plus THP
    60 RenaultSport Clio CUP 200
    02 RenaultSport Clio 172
    04 RenaultSport Clio 182
    51 RenaultSport Clio 172

Looks great!

I'm off to Halfords now on the way to my parents place to wash mine.

This DS Had Better Be Good!!! - Are you going to edit your Sig soon then?!
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Looking good, glad to see your practicing the 2bm...checkout out site, but be warned it can become addictive lol......www.detailingworld.co.uk
      Polar White DS Sport Plus 150 THP

Comment

even i've just 2B it and it was suprisingly quick. As it's for a show I thought I would try Autoglym product as used to love it. Trouble is it didn't give me a better shine than my normal showroom shine product off ideal world.

Still, thats the outside done (except for bumpers which will be de-flied when at Silverstone) now just the inside. I hate hoovering!

Comment

Hi

Very nice....i have also just painted my calipers gloss black and they look miles better, like you say the standard silver looks crap after a little while, i did take some pics so i will send you some to have a look at.

Clair

Comment

I Agree With Joni...

Sig Needs To Be Changed :L

Comment

Hey, that looks pretty good!

Glad the word is spreading, if you do nothing else 2 BM wash mitts and drying towels can make all the difference.

I think your pic with soap on the car suggests too much soap (this is how I'd expect a 'snow foam' to look if that means anything to you).

Remember with a good soap it.'s NOT the amount of bubbles that matters...

Anyway more of that for those who come to the mini detailing meet.....

Glad you're pleased with it!

Regards,
              Clive.
              CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
              DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

I thought it was snow foam Clive, we await confirmation lol
                Polar White DS Sport Plus 150 THP

Comment

I think you may be right Graham, the consistency just looks strange!

Clive.
                  CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
                  DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Yes it is snow foam! Ive had a snow foam lance for a year or so now, along with a pretty decent Karcher

The actual wash shampoo didn't lather up much, but i seem to remember seeing on DW like you said, its the lubricant or something that matters not the amount of bubbles?!

Has any of you had any experience with the AG Aqua wax? I was baffled in Halfrauds looking at all the different concoctions!

Ive registered on DW, just waiting for account confirmation
                    61 DS3 DSport Plus THP
                    02 RenaultSport Clio 172
                    04 RenaultSport Clio 182
                    51 RenaultSport Clio 172

Comment

Looks fab carn't wait for mine to arrive, being built on wednesday same colour combo. Am getting mine deatailed before i pick it up dont want loads of swirls on it from dealer prep.

Comment

looks mint mate
                        Black and white E-HDI DS3

Originally posted by ZACK
                        Sorry Wools, Seems You Were Actually Right

Comment

can i just ask how come you have michelin tyres on thought they came with potenzas? or are they aftermarket?
                          Ds3 Dstyle + white with black top!! all new headlight bulbs, 100w main beam bulbs, SMD sidelights, custom rocker cover, lego dust caps, lime green calipers front and back, colour coded badges, tailored floor matts, citroen wind deflectors, carbon front splitter, carbon side skirts, carbon rear diffuser!

Comment

Wen i picked it up last thurs the osf tyre was damaged, and they couldnt get another one sharpish so they swapped 4 wheels off another one, i asked if it made any difference on here and apparently not. Also bit of research reports Potenzas are noisy so not too bothered

But yea i think the THPs do have Potenzas as mine was the only petrol out of about 7 or 8, the HDis has Michelins... apart from one which now has Potenzas lol
                            61 DS3 DSport Plus THP
                            02 RenaultSport Clio 172
                            04 RenaultSport Clio 182
                            51 RenaultSport Clio 172

Comment

VERY shiny! Good job.
                              I was considering getting a red/white one cos when the red's cleaned, it's beautiful.
                              May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
                              October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
                              Instagram @adamds3

Comment

Working...
                              X