Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blacked out/De-chromed.

Hi all,

Just thought I'd put a few pics up of the changes I've made to my DS3 so far; I have removed the "Citroen" badging from the rear and plasti-dipped the "DS3" black. I have also plasti-dipped the baguettes (correct name?!) On the side, the fog light surronds, and have a black badge cover.

Looking to plastidip the grill and chevrons also to black, potentially fly-eye the headlight and fog lights (Undecided yet) and get the callipers painted red.

Any feedback would be appreciated

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Stealthy, I like it! Would look good with headlight eyebrows in black [emoji4]

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

DStort
    DSport interior | 130bhp Chipped | Powerflow Exhaust

Comment

I agree, some black eyelids would go down a treat. Fly-eye looks better on lighter cars in my opinion, but if you were committed to the full blackout it would be quite striking. Here's an example of eyelids and fly-eye combined:

///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
      Join the Facebook Group!
      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Looking great so far! Debadging the back looks so much cleaner - more so on the black DS3's I think. Gives it a real sleek look
        My DS3R3... nearly....
        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

The black Zunsport lower grille would look good on that JamieDS3, I had one on my all black DS3
          sigpic

Comment

Looks good Jamie. Subtle yet stylish, nicely done. Painting the calipers and putting eyebrows are both things I've thought about too, but I'm too bone idle to do it.
            DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
              The black Zunsport lower grille would look good on that JamieDS3, I had one on my all black DS3
              Agreed. Especially if you are fully de-chroming the front too.

Comment

Thanks all! Yas are a canny bunch

has anyone changed the grill to the zunsport one personally or is it complicated? I've always thought about eyebrows but just never got too it.

BenS yours looks unreal mate. Unsure if mine would suit fly-eye or not though, Don't think I've seen a black with it to be fair. I suppose if I didn't like it I could peel it off

Comment

Originally posted by JamieDS3 View Post
                  Thanks all! Yas are a canny bunch

has anyone changed the grill to the zunsport one personally or is it complicated?
                  I asked this very question myself many months ago and I bought one after being assured by the more experienced club members that it was easy.....and it was... VERY easy. If I can do it, anyone can and looks the business, so much so I use it as my profile pic.

Comment

The fly eye will only cost you about £15 for enough to do the full set of front lights. Hairdryer is a necessity to get it round the tough curves. The kit comes with a squeegee and craft knife.
                    Join the Facebook Group!
                    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post

I asked this very question myself many months ago and I bought one after being assured by the more experienced club members that it was easy.....and it was... VERY easy. If I can do it, anyone can and looks the business, so much so I use it as my profile pic.
                      What is the process of changing it? Just pulling the old one our and gluing it in or something? Or is it more awkward? Sorry if I'm a noob

Comment

BenS didn't realise it was that cheap to be fair. I'll give it a go on the fog lamps first just to test. Cheers mate

Comment

What is the process of changing it? Just pulling the old one our and gluing it in or something? Or is it more awkward? Sorry if I'm a noob
                          Not even that!! It simply screws in over the existing one. Dead easy!!

I used this thread by DangerousFish on WTF's DS3 for all the help I needed.

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/forum/ds3/d...ing-difficulty
                          Last edited by Funky; 25-08-2017, 21:02.

Comment

BenS didn't realise it was that cheap to be fair. I'll give it a go on the fog lamps first just to test. Cheers mate
                            Fog lamps are a little awkward, but cut a square a bit bigger than the lamp, then poke all the edges in and slide the craft knife around the inside of the cover to cut it to fit. Doesn't matter if you're messy here, it doesn't show up the ragged edges.
                            Join the Facebook Group!
                            Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by BenS

Fog lamps are a little awkward, but cut a square a bit bigger than the lamp, then poke all the edges in and slide the craft knife around the inside of the cover to cut it to fit. Doesn't matter if you're messy here, it doesn't show up the ragged edges.
                              Watched a clip on eBay and the fella cut a paper template looked easy enough for the fogs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X