No announcement yet.

Shark Grey/Carmen Red eHDI 110 LX12 ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blimey AJ- Youll have to put yer camera down!
    Congrats and all that
    CBLUE
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

• No time for photography when on duty. But will be close to the action.

First weekend meet the Lotus Festival: http://www.brandshatch.co.uk/calenda...-festival.aspx

Then: http://www.brandshatch.co.uk/calenda...ctober-bh.aspx

and: http://www.brandshatch.co.uk/calenda...superprix.aspx

so far
      Last edited by AJ07; 07-08-2012, 22:47.
      sigpic

Comment

• Well done AJ love touring cars good weather and I be there
        2012 Dstyle+ 1.6 eHDI 90 Airdreamsigpic
        Belle Ile Blue With Black Roof

Comment

• Originally posted by Quazzo View Post
          Well done AJ love touring cars good weather and I be there
          Let us know and I will get in contact nearer the time by PM. The last race is on the GP circuit and I do not know where I will be stationed until I get there. I am down for the whole weekend. Looking forward to it get to meet Jason Plato and others at the pre briefing if I am lucky
          sigpic

Comment

• Well I have reached 4000 miles in my little Sith Warrior and have loved every minute of it.

She is my first diesel and will be by far be my last.

The hole in my carpet has now grown from the size of a 20p piece to the size of my thumb which is the only gripe I have about the car, but as you very really see it other than when hoovering it is not worth getting upset about.

Despite this she still suprises and inspires me.

She continues to turn heads. I have not seen many others on the roads in and around Croydon and the colours that I have seen have not matched mine so she must still be considered a rare breed.

She is a very compitent cruiser on the motorway and feels much like a bigger car as you sit well back from the windscreen. She happily keeps up with the best of them.

Taking into account around town driving and the occassional blast up and down the motorway to my Mum’s house in Deal, twice, I am getting approx 554 out of a full tank, although having filled her up was told by the computer that the expected mileage before the next fill up would be 634 miles. I assume that this was because of my very recent constant 70mph at less than 2000rpm.

I love the stop start and make use of this at every opportunity. It is very smooth to shut down and again on start up.

Beginning of August I fitted my personalised number plate AJ07 AJE.

I love the leather and despite other members complaining how cold it is in winter and hot in the summer I cannot pass judgement on the former as I have yet to experience this, but with regard to the summer, twice I have left her in a carkpark in full sun for a full 12 hour stretch would beg to differ. I can only assume that red leather must reflect the heat where as black leather absorbes it.

I have driven for over 35 years and still have a clean licence. Having owned this car for just 5 months I got caught by a speed camera on the A267 Frant Road Tunbridge Wells doing 40 in a 30mph zone and have been invited to attend a speed awareness course instead of 3 points on my licence. So have made use of my speed limiter since. Can only be another sign that I enjoy driving this little number.

No signs of wheel corrosion.

I am looking forward to Trax and above all the WRC and a chance to show her off with other like minded people who despite some woes love this little car and like to show them off.

Thank you Citroen, thank you DS3owners and here is to many more happy miles to come.
            Last edited by AJ07; 30-08-2012, 22:20.
            sigpic

Comment

• Just upgraded to Osram Nightbreaker Plus Head and Main Beam lights along with 2x T10 Front Sidelight 501 W5W 8SMD LED No Canbus Error

Looks a lot better. Need to test drive in the dark when the weather improves.

Last edited by AJ07; 19-01-2013, 17:26.
              sigpic

Comment

• very well said aj
                ron
                have sold the racing but ive still got the ultra prestige

Comment

• Originally posted by the guardian View Post
                  very well said aj
                  ron
                  Cheers Ron. Take it that you stayed away form the meet today or did you change your mind and go?
                  sigpic

Comment

• no aj i stayed put i wasnt going to risk the car or passengers on such a long drive in bad weather

Comment

• Originally posted by the guardian View Post
                      no aj i stayed put i wasnt going to risk the car or passengers on such a long drive in bad weather
                      Very sensible. Getting cold again and more snow forecast for tomorrow. We timed out meet at Brighton and my trip to Birmingham well
                      sigpic

Comment

• thats very true we got about six inches here and i brushed the snow of the car today and my is a dull off white color
                        going to clean it tomorrow if it warms up a bit

Comment

• Managed to clean the windows and lights but the rest of the car is Matt Carmen/Shark Grey
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by AJ07 View Post
                            Managed to clean the windows and lights but the rest of the car is Matt Carmen/Shark Grey
                            Mines the same, looked good this morning, fully salted after driving back from Krispy Kreme. Time for a wash tomorrow I reckon.
                            - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                            - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

• Did 400 miles yestday to Birmingham and back, and motorways were not that busy- great drive there and back

So mines desperate for a clean, but I always remember washing a Ford Capri years ago when I'd had a few drinks. Chucked a bucket of soapy water all over the car and it froze in a second or two. Frozen soapy water all over the car for a day

Very embarrassing . How u wash a car when it's below freezing? Or don't you?
                              CBLUE
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

• [QUOTE=Chris_Blue;88085
                                How u wash a car when it's below freezing? Or don't you?
                                CBLUE[/QUOTE]

Common sense you don't. You pay some other poor sod to do it...... Want to make a few pounds Chris?
                                Originally posted by cyclone
                                It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                                Originally posted by Broda
                                I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Working...
                                X