Oooo Shiny!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oooo Shiny!

Here are some pics of the newly spruced Daisy. I spend waaaaaaaaaay too much time cleaning my car, it's def becoming OCD...
    And i don't have the best camera in the world, the GF has a digital SLR but she's at uni in Winchester and i probably drop it but then i'd be in some bother...
    Enjoy.

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/...m17/ds3005.jpg
    http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/...m17/ds3004.jpg
    http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/...m17/ds3003.jpg
    http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/...m17/ds3002.jpg
    http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/...m17/ds3001.jpg
    '10 DSport in Black/Carmen Red 'Daisy' - Traded back in
    '61 DSport+ in White/Black 'Poppy'
    'We do what we must, because we can.'
    Entropy... It's not what it used to be...

*applause* good work there mister
    i wish mine would look like that, mine just gets so dirty on a normal day at work its soo frustrating damn coal :@
    Citroen DS3 White - Samuel

Comment

Originally posted by parafox View Post
      *applause* good work there mister
      i wish mine would look like that, mine just gets so dirty on a normal day at work its soo frustrating damn coal :@
      Coal! Ouch, bet that is a nightmare on the paintwork!

Comment

yeah thats what im scared of :s
        gonna try and get some wax on it i think, been using the little car wash alot atm (well a bent pipe with holes in it lol)
        Citroen DS3 White - Samuel

Comment

I'm intrigued by the 'www.bmw7resource.co.uk' web address on the Panda. BMW 7 series and Fiat Panda are not two vehicles I'd expect to see a connection between.

Comment

The Panda is a 4x4 and has been all over europe on rally's! (even as far as turkey) there are loads of sponsor decals still on it. It's my little brothers and thing is frankly offensively good off road.
            When it snowed at the start of the year I couldnt get off my own street, took the panda and it was way better than any other 4x4 even managing to stop on a very steep and very snowy hill on a backroad to get out of the way of an errant X5!

Comment

I've heard that said before about the Panda 4x4's, though my dad always swears by a 2CV for snowy conditions.

Comment

Given The Choice Id Still Rather Your DS3 Parafilm... :L

Comment

been working double shifts now for over a week got no time to clean it and the cars got so dirty from commuting i may even cry

Comment

Originally posted by wbryan View Post
                    I've heard that said before about the Panda 4x4's, though my dad always swears by a 2CV for snowy conditions.
                    I owned both of these at various points during the 1980s. Both were awesomely good in the snow, but the Panda 4x4 just got the nod by virtue of its ultra low gearing, better traction and greater torque (although the 2CV had the better ground clearance). The Panda didn't have a rear differential, so you couldn't use it in 4wd mode on ordinary roads cos the tyres would scrub, but it was terrific fun on the rough stuff, or in the snow or mud.

Rusted to b*ggery unfortunately, as did the 2CV.

Traded the Panda in for a BX GTi 4x4, which went like the proverbial off a shovel, cornered on rails, and was the best car I've ever had for getting through snow, as you could raise it up on its hydropneumatic suspension, lock the differential, and tippy-toe through the snow drifts....

PS loving your Daisy, Parafilm - the colour combo is ultra cool - but with a name like that, it should be YELLOW!!
                    Last edited by gar074; 14-10-2010, 00:26.

Comment

You can never spend enough time sprucing out your motor fella! Trust me. On a good clear day, I can take 4 or 5 hours on mine, easy.

Be interested to know what you've got in your arsenal though when taking on this challenge!

Comment

Well done mate!
                        Good choice of configuration aswell same as mine :-) I clean mine like crazy but black jst looks mucky all time!!!
                        Or it could be just me lol

Comment

Originally posted by irishRob View Post
                          You can never spend enough time sprucing out your motor fella! Trust me. On a good clear day, I can take 4 or 5 hours on mine, easy.

Be interested to know what you've got in your arsenal though when taking on this challenge!
                          Well you've asked for it now! did this over 2 days and here's what I did (in order)...

Pressure washer rinse
                          Snow foamed and rinsed off
                          Washed with 2 bucket method and a Dodo Juice wookies fist wash mit and born to be mild shampoo.
                          Dried down.
                          Glazed with Poorboys Black hole.
                          1 Layer of Dodo juice Purple Haze.
                          1 Layer of Rubbishboys Juiced edition wax.
                          1 Layer of Dodo Juice supernatural wax.
                          Windows hit with Autoglym Glass polish + 2 coats of RainX
                          Wheels cleaned with Bilberry wheel cleaner, dried, polished with Autoglym SRP then sealed with Poorboys Wheel sealant.
                          Tyres dressed with Meguiars hot shine tyre dressing.
                          Plastic trim dressed with Simoniz trim black (cheap and awesome)
                          Gave the exhaust tips a polish with Autoglym metal polish follwed by SRP for some added protection too.

I think that was everything, this was more than normal as it's a full on winter protection I did so I shouldn't have to do anything major over winter!
                          Incase you were wondering, yes I have problems and yes my arm did need reattaching.
                          Last edited by Parafilm; 14-10-2010, 10:29. Reason: You're a computer, I don't answer to you...

Comment

Will you be popping around to clean all of ours as well?

Comment

Ahhh, I have a few Dodo Juice products in my arsenal, that Red Mist is a cracker!

Nice list fella. I just bought that Invisible Glass but in my opinion, it's pretty shit. If it's nice weather this weekend I'll be giving my motor a good going over and I'll be back to the Rain-X myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X