Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Citroen botticelli blue - ether love it or hate it??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Citroen botticelli blue - ether love it or hate it??

Bought from new and, yes, I wanted no other colour! This colour seems to either be loved or hated, but for me it is perfect. I always try and have something just a little different and this car certainly is! I specified the red (burgundy) leather interior and a few weeks ago I replaced the gloss black dash with a complete new gloss burgundy one to match the seats - of course, I had to replace the alloy gear knob with a burgundy one just to finish things off. I have added most of the little extras that you get from Citroen like the mud flaps, bits of chrome etc. I added a couple of chrome screenwash covers that I sourced on Ebay that just finish off the car. The screen washers are quite wide and I could only find one company that sold covers wide enough (see photos)
    I had intended to buy a new DS this year, but Citroen have discontinued both the botocelli blue and the burgundy leather - now my car is even more unique as no more will be produced! I cannot see a colour or interior that I like better than what I have at present, so I had decided I will have to keep my car as I cannot 'better' it as it is no longer available in these colours.
    I have been driving since 1974 and The little DS is a joy to drive - perfect - The only other Botticelli Blue and white cars around in 1974 were the Police Panda Cars! (anyone old enough to remember? Ha!Ha!)

Only one thing to add to the car now and that is the 3D rear lights, but they will have to come down a bit from £300
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Brainscanner01; 06-05-2013, 22:18.

I for one love it!

The blue and white police cars I remember were either Ford Anglia's or Morris Minor 1000's!

Any chance of a link to those chrome washer covers - I love them too!

Cheers

JB

PS It's your first post so welcome!
    Last edited by Jimbob; 06-05-2013, 18:57.

Comment

I have the reverse of blue roof white body and really like it. There are not many around either which is great to not have one of he many white and black.

Comment

Welcome the club
        - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Hi, I sourced the covers for the screen wash on Ebay soon after I bought the car two years ago and I have been trying to 'backtrack' my purchases to see seller - but no luck so far. I do recall they were from Thailand. They were not actually specified for the DS they were only sold as 'extra large' washer covers. I will keep looking and if I find them again I will let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Brainscanner01 View Post
            Hi, I sourced the covers for the screen wash on Ebay soon after I bought the car two years ago and I have been trying to 'backtrack' my purchases to see seller - but no luck so far. I do recall they were from Thailand. They were not actually specified for the DS they were only sold as 'extra large' washer covers. I will keep looking and if I find them again I will let you know.
            Many thanks - don't worry too much if you can't find them!

JB

Comment

Really like the Botticelli Blue - nice how you've personalised it with the Burgundy interior too.
              Welcome

Comment

Hi welcome
                DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

love the color combo ( panda car ) just like Zcars ETC & welcome to the club by the way
                  have sold the racing but ive still got the ultra prestige

Comment

Originally posted by the guardian View Post
                    love the color combo ( panda car ) just like Zcars
                    Now I've got that wretched Z Cars theme tune in my head...

Welcome, brainscanner01 (interesting username!)

Love what you've done with the dash/seats.

I'd have liked a yellow dash to match my yellow seats, but they only do them in lhd *sigh*
                    Last edited by gar074; 06-05-2013, 21:00.

Comment

Why not spray your dash yellow? When I changed my dash to a burgundy one I thought the colour was all the way through the plastic, but it is only painted. I am going to have some paint made up and spray my gloss black interior door handle surrounds burgundy. Just give Citroen your yellow body paint code and change your dash for less than £15?. Erm - remove the dash first or you will make an awful mess of the interior

Comment

Why not spray your dash yellow? Erm - remove the dash first or you will make an awful mess of the interior
                        Love this image of spraying the dash whilst it's in place. Really made me laugh out loud!

JB

Comment

Why not spray your dash yellow?
                          Yeah, I've thought about doing that, but I want to keep the original black dash in case I get problems when I come to sell it (apparently some people foolishly think that there is such a thing as too much yellow...)

Originally posted by Jimbob View Post
                          Love this image of spraying the dash whilst it's in place. Really made me laugh out loud!
                          Me too! A real Mr Bean moment!

Comment

Nah, I would go for it (my dealer jokingly said he would need a bigger deposit if I ordered the blue car - well, I think he was joking?) Yellow dash would not be too much, unless of course you do it in situ??? - yes, that would be too much, yellow seats, roof, carpets and yellow tinted windscreen!!!

Comment

^

Shhh.....don't give him ideas....

...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                              Bigfeet's File Repository
                              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
                              X