@cleanyourride28
      Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
      Take a pride in your ride
      @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Originally posted by RabidRacoon28 View Post
        Awesome garage

@cleanyourride28
        I was thinking the same lol although I'd be happy just to get my car off the road at night.
        Phil Moran

sigpic

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Looking really good!
            My DS3R3... nearly....
            New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

I like that, a lot . Loving the blue mood lighting as well.

Comment

Your car looks really great! The addition of the white rim protectors is a nice touch.

Comment

Upcoming projects:

New number plate - CH61S HA

Re-wrapping the front and rear lights to a dark smokey black. Also using this wrap on the black plastic trim on the exterior. E.g. Sides of the doors and above. Front and rear plastics and at the bottom of the car and on the sides. Should give the car a sportier and more expensive look

Comment

Great work, loving all the pics too !
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BigChris View Post
                      Upcoming projects:

New number plate - CH61S HA
                      Over the Bridge here in the Bath/Bristol area I know of several people who have been recently stopped for 'non standard lettering' or 'wrongly spaced letters' on their number plates by the Police. It seems they are increasing the frequency of reminding owners the rules, and I guess this could be more widespread than my location. So just a friendly warning if you don't want the grief!

Comment

Originally posted by TypeDS3 View Post
                        Over the Bridge here in the Bath/Bristol area I know of several people who have been recently stopped for 'non standard lettering' or 'wrongly spaced letters' on their number plates by the Police. It seems they are increasing the frequency of reminding owners the rules, and I guess this could be more widespread than my location. So just a friendly warning if you don't want the grief!
                        Thank you for the warning. I have seen many with spaced letters, some which are very noticeable, possibly having 3 or more spaces in the wrong places. I don't mind if they remind me, but are they likely to give a fine, 3 points or other punishment? If not, then I feel it may be worth the risk, otherwise the plate would read CH61 SHA. Which doesn't look as good

Comment

Hi Chris

It depends on who stops you and how 'bad' it is I guess! I know of a couple of people who were warned and had a week to get them put right, but I'm sure in some cases you could get fined as well. I found this information.

Number Plate Law

The law states that,
                          You must not alter, rearrange or misrepresent the letters or numbers
                          Characters must not be moved from one group to the other (e.g. A242 ABC must not be displayed as A242A BC).

Offences may result in any or all of the following:
                          A fine of up to £1,000
                          The registration mark may be WITHDRAWN
                          The vehicle may FAIL the MOT test

Full info here

http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/plates.htm

Comment

It all depends on who stops you, an ex work colleague of mine was fined for illegal spacing on his plate, I can't remember what he did now, but it was along the lines of making it look like his christian name.... He didn't pay a £1000 fine but it was still a pain for him.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah I think a fine that high is extremely rare...

Comment

Some of the reasons why the Police are cracking down includes readability on ANPR cameras/Petrol Station Cameras and crime witnesses reporting the correct numbers etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X