No announcement yet.

rough running engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, I don't see how that works with the reference to smokeless/standard sooty black coal though ? The only DS3 I know that smokes is Zack's cos he removed the DPF.
    sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone,
      Here’s an up date and thanks for the replies.
      The car went in for 2 days why 2 days I don’t know but Hey ho 2 days it was.
      The dealer told me they carried out the chemical flush as advised by Citroen and had done extensive road testing 68 miles to be precise, and that they could not detect the problem at that time. They also advised using a premium fuel as this may help the situation. But while still at the dealer picking up the car while adjusting the car and putting things back the way I like them after they had seemingly touched everything :mad: . The car was already hesitating/stuttering at idle . They suggested that I drive the car for a couple of days and see how it went so despite knowing that the problem had not been resolved and even against my better judgement I even tried a premium fuel Tesco momentum 99.
      Although the engine did feel smoother just like back in the heddy days of newness just over a year ago the problem at idle or if the car is idling in traffic has gotten worse.
      Not sure what I can insist on ???? What will Citroen suggest next for a FIX to the problem ????
      So the car goes back later today to the dealer who has never come across the problem on a Ds3 and was not aware it existed Hummmmmmmmm.

Comment

So I understand that the dealer did witness the problem when you where getting ready to leave?
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I would strongly suggest they clean the inlet ports by using walnut blasting.

BMW have already started doing this on the THP engines.

I would also get onto CUK and start giving off to them. If you have a finance arrangement with Citroen it maybe worth giving them a shout too as they would get the owner of the car until it is paid off.

Insist on regular updates to by the dealer on what they are doing to rectify the issue.
          Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Let us know what the dealers does to your DS3 when you can
            sigpic

Comment

Hi guys,
              sorry reply has taken so long the saga goes on:mad: Since the last update the car went back to the dealers or at least I thought it would but NO on the day it was due to go in the dealer informs me they don't have the equipment to repair the fault as many of you have said they need to clean the backs of the inlet valves and inlet tract where the carbon deposits build up. I've since contacted Citroen UK who have opened up a case file :confused:
              Sounds good
              No not really as now starts the Citroen internal politics as Citroen UK says the dealer should buy or obtain the equipment to carry out the clean the dealer says Citroen UK should pay or obtain the equipment.
              Me I just want the car back repaired
              After a area manager intervenes as I have kicked off at the dealer, area manager and Citroen UK the dealer blinks first in the game of chicken and agrees to buy the equipment in from an outside supplier ????
              The car is due to go back in next week for the clean and a recommended Citroen tune to the ECU so that the variable valve timing limits what's happening just as you guys said all along and I've been trying to tell them for weeks, but what do we know I'll keep you informed with the next thrilling up date.
              Oh just to let you know the loan car Citroen C1 nice as it is buzzy and reasonably entertaining in a strange way is not the DS3 I paid for and know way too well for the length of ownership I've had and I hate the site of the !@!##!! thing :mad::mad::mad:
              Last edited by rog1; 05-07-2014, 22:19.

Comment

You shouldn't have to get so involved should you ?
                sigpic

Comment

Well if the dealer buys the same kit as ours your in for a really long wait....16 weeks it took for ours to arrive from ordering.
                  White on red THP
                  Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
                    Well if the dealer buys the same kit as ours your in for a really long wait....16 weeks it took for ours to arrive from ordering.
                    Have you got yours up and running yet Jamie?
                    DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
                    Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

at least your getting somewhere Rog. hope all ends happily, and let us know what happily is!
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Nah, still waiting for one part...
                        White on red THP
                        Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

How the walnut blasting compare with that GDI engine Terraclean James- any ideas?
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

I don't like the idea of flushing all the crap and chemical through the engine and that nice and expensive Milltek cat.
                            White on red THP

Comment

Problem is the carbon build up is not limited to the inlet manifold. build up will be in the combustion chamber/oxygen sensor, cat, and exhaust. None of those components is ever cleaned by walnut shell blasting.
                              Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

But those are not really the problem areas for the THP and the inlet valves are.
                                Originally posted by cyclone
                                It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                                Originally posted by Broda
                                I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Working...
                                X