• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price comparison would be a interesting
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
      But those are not really the problem areas for the THP and the inlet valves are.
      Maybe so but...

Its not the just the inlet manifold that comes in contact with the carbonisation. It doesn't just stop at the back of the inlet valves. The valve seats will over time be subject to the same carbon buildup. Blasting with walnuts does not clean the valve seats as the valves have to be closed when cleaning.

Just imagine you brush the front of your teeth but nowhere else. Everywhere else has a build up of plaque.

Same in respect with walnut blasting, your not cleaning the whole system which IS effected by carbonisation.
      Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

No different from any other car in that respect.
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by Toxic View Post
          Problem is the carbon build up is not limited to the inlet manifold. build up will be in the combustion chamber/oxygen sensor, cat, and exhaust. None of those components is ever cleaned by walnut shell blasting.
          A good fuel additive like Techron cleans the rest....we've tested this stuff on 40 different makes and models petrol and diesel for Chevron, the results are astounding!
          White on red THP
          Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Be good to compare the walnut blasting with the Terraclean tho, price wise
            Default for me is James recommendation tho
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

BMW obviously went for the walnut option, so why didn't they use Terraclean???
              White on red THP
              Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Because they already tried seafoam and failed?
                Originally posted by cyclone
                It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                Originally posted by Broda
                I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                  Because they already tried seafoam and failed?
                  Is that what Terraclean is then... Seafoam?
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hi guys,
                    here's another up date had the car back 4 days now after they cleaned the inlet valves with the mystery machinery they bought in. Picked up the car after work the dealer agreed to come
                    back to hand over the car and I could see they were trying to make an effort. They informed me that they had test driven the car and could not detect the stutter at speed but !!! the stutter was still there at idle :mad: Hummmmmm :confused:.
                    They asked me to drive it for about 10 days to see where we at, well where were at is the car appears not much different :mad::mad::mad: the stutter at idle is still noticeably there and at times the car sounds very diesel like on start up(sorry you guys with diesels) and the stutter at speed about 50 mph changing from 5th to 6th is still there:mad: And now just to top that off the car started to stall at idle in traffic on the way home from work. Really fed up and not sure what to do next after contacting the dealer and Citroen UK AGAIN!!!!!!:mad:

Comment

Doesnt sound good TBH Rog. Obvs not "cleaned" enough. Carbonisation still not cured i think. Dont worry bout pestering the Dealer or Citroen.... pester them
                      Get a passenger to take a video of engine at speed, and take a video of engine bay at idle. Then take it in and give it to them!

Ed- start up sounds like diesel could be oil pump on way out
                      Last edited by Chris_Blue; 13-07-2014, 21:30.
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by rog1 View Post
                        Hi guys,
                        here's another up date had the car back 4 days now after they cleaned the inlet valves with the mystery machinery they bought in. Picked up the car after work the dealer agreed to come
                        back to hand over the car and I could see they were trying to make an effort. They informed me that they had test driven the car and could not detect the stutter at speed but !!! the stutter was still there at idle :mad: Hummmmmm :confused:.
                        They asked me to drive it for about 10 days to see where we at, well where were at is the car appears not much different :mad::mad::mad: the stutter at idle is still noticeably there and at times the car sounds very diesel like on start up(sorry you guys with diesels) and the stutter at speed about 50 mph changing from 5th to 6th is still there:mad: And now just to top that off the car started to stall at idle in traffic on the way home from work. Really fed up and not sure what to do next after contacting the dealer and Citroen UK AGAIN!!!!!!:mad:
                        I'm sorry to hear that I'd get onto CUK and the dealer and tell them it's worse now, ask what will happen if you drive it for 10 days and it doesn't improve or even gets worse
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                          Is that what Terraclean is then... Seafoam?
                          No. Seafoam is an additive used along with the cars own fuel supply. The standard Terraclean service has two cans and is used purely as the fuel supply.

There are numerous terraclean services. I'll ask one of the reps to describe the GDI service they do for direct injection engines for cleaning the inlet ports to see what it actually contains
                          Simon

Comment

Originally posted by Toxic View Post
                            I'll ask one of the reps to describe the GDI service they do for direct injection engines for cleaning the inlet ports to see what it actually contains
                            Thatll be pretty useful info.. nice one Simon
                            You getting it done then
                            sigpic
                            Jog on Noddy

Comment

More than likely yes, as a preventative measure.
                              Simon

Comment

Hope all goes well- report back obvs
                                sigpic
                                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                                X