Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My knobs fallen off!!!

Now I have your attention

Dragging a suitcase out of the back seat I pushed off the lever that adjusts the angle of the drivers seat back.
    It is not broken and when you put it back on the spline it works but I don't know what keeps it on the spline.
    Did Citroen wedge in a matchstick or was there something more technical?

Jimbob

Probably a matchstick
    DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
    Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Oh, do you want me to take a look at mine Dad ? I don't recall seeing anything around the base when I've cleaned it, sometimes they use small spring clips, is there anything in the rear footwell ?
      sigpic

Comment

Knob fallen off xD
        Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
        ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
          Oh, do you want me to take a look at mine Dad ? I don't recall seeing anything around the base when I've cleaned it, sometimes they use small spring clips, is there anything in the rear footwell ?
          Thanks son - I will go and look in the footwell!

JB

Comment

Let me know, I can pop out at lunch and see if I can see what the base of mine looks like
            sigpic

Comment

No spring or anything but looks like a circlip would fit so I will buy one

JB

Comment

Found out how to re-fit it!
                You just push it a bit harder and it clicks in
                How much would I have been charged for re-fitting at a garage one wonders! (they take it away, push it on, drink tea for an hour and then charge me £50)

JB

Comment

Result, well done Dad. I often find that manipulating your knob can save time and money
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                    Result, well done Dad. I often find that manipulating your knob can save time and money
                    I knew messing about with knobs would pay off one day and I would get something out of it!

JB

Comment

The satisfaction from sorting your own knob should not be underestimated should it ?
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X