Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passenger Door Mirror Housing Loose

Guys,

Noticed this afternoon my passenger side door mirror housing is fairly loose and there is quite a bit of movement, and as a result has rubbed a bit of paint off the door. The drivers side housing is rock solid.

Before I remove the door trim, can someone just confirm the bolt holding the housing onto the door is accessible from inside the door or is it inside the mirror housing ie, just take the cover off?

Cheers

Martin
    sigpic
    http://www.teamtorquesteer.co.uk

It's inside the door. You'll need a long socket to adjust it too.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

If your talking about the whole mirror where it attaches to the door then the bolt is accessible when take off the inner door panel.

edit: I see I type to slow
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Thanks. That's what I thought. While Im at it might as well remove the whole housing and clean behind it ..... as well as touch up the rubbed paint !
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teamtorquesteer View Post
          Thanks. That's what I thought. While Im at it might as well remove the whole housing and clean behind it ..... as well as touch up the rubbed paint !
          Just don't lose the nut in the bottom of the door like Den did, lol.
          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
            Just don't lose the nut in the bottom of the door like Den did, lol.
            Noted !
            sigpic

Comment

Noted !
              It can be retrieved, it's just very fiddly.
              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
                It's inside the door. You'll need a long socket to adjust it too.
                I see what you mean by a long socket. Sods law I don't have one that size. Don't suppose you've got any idea of size ?

Cheers

Martin
                sigpic

Comment

I see what you mean by a long socket. Sods law I don't have one that size. Don't suppose you've got any idea of size ?

Cheers

Martin
                  Longer than the longest one Halfords have, haha.

Ended up using a Dremel to reduce the length by an inch and then the Halfords long size worked. I can't remember exactly what size nut off the top of my head, but I have a spare mirror at home so will measure it when I get in.
                  - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Sorted ! Its a 13mm very long socket ! Was going to cut some of the stem off but a junior hacksaw wasn't touching it. A big thumbs up to my local Halfords. They had every size apart from 13mm. Was going to have to buy a set until the young girl suggested she look out the back and see if one of the mechanics had one I could borrow ! Nice one.
                    sigpic

Comment

Sorted ! Its a 13mm very long socket ! Was going to cut some of the stem off but a junior hacksaw wasn't touching it. A big thumbs up to my local Halfords. They had every size apart from 13mm. Was going to have to buy a set until the young girl suggested she look out the back and see if one of the mechanics had one I could borrow ! Nice one.
                      Awesome, glad you're sorted, I totally forgot to check.
                      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Nice to hear a 'helpful Halfords' story for a change Glad you got it done too !
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X