Auto gearbox lumpy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto gearbox lumpy

Hi guys, I have had my DS3 around four months now and have noticed the automatic gearbox has got a bit stupid in selecting the correct gear. For example when I drive to work it sometimes is fine. Then when I get in it to drive home, it will change up the gears very fast. I find my self having to rev quite hard to force it to keep in the same gear which then leads me to speeding.
    It is strange because it never used to be like this when I first bought it. The dealer did mention something about 'Fuzzy Logic' with the automatic version of the car that learns your driving style but a google search came up with nothing.
    Can anyone help? Cheers

2010 Citroen DS3 DStyle 1.6 VTI Auto

Welcome to the club

I've never heard of this before on the forum, as I've never been in a DS3 auto I can only recommend getting it back to the dealer and taking them out in it to show them what it's doing.

Bigfeet may have experience of this at his dealership...
    sigpic

Comment

I have found a page regarding the 'fuzzy logic', even though it is for a Citroen Xantia my guess is that they still use a similar 4 speed box in the ds3?

http://www.citroenet.org.uk/passenge...-facelift.html

Does anyone know of a way to reset this? Or even turn it off? It can be quite a nasty ride if my other half has been at the wheel previously too.
      If not it will be a trip down to my local dealer, Desira!

Comment

In my C4 with the EGS (electronic) gearbox, it learns your driving still but dont think the proper auto box does the same. I may be wrong.

Comment

Looks like your near me & I might need to visit Desira too. Maybe you could compare it to mine

Comment

Three things;

1 - As far as I'm concerned the DS3 doesn't have the auto-adaptive gearbox - only the larger six boxes came with this.
            2 - Sounds silly but check to see if you accidentally put on the sport or winter modes on.
            3 - The gearbox is moving into top speed based on your driving speed which to me does sound normal but if you are trying to keep the car in a lower gear try using the manual selector to hold certain gears.

Failing that it might be worth having a quick chat with your dealer to see if they would do a global test on the car just to make sure.
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

The DS3 4 speed auto is an AL4, which is most definitely an auto-adaptive box.
              Regards,

Simon

2011 DS3 DSport (Sport Red with Onyx Black Roof).
              2014 208 GTi (Calado Blue).

Comment

have a read here.

http://www.kit-group.ru/sections/AL4%20Transmission.pdf

I take it this is an old box as it was used on the Xantia range which they stopped manufacturing about 14 years ago.

Comment

Well learn something new everyday

Nice link as well, very useful. Having a quick look back on Citroen network the gearbox indeed used within the DS3 is the AL4 system as described in the PDF.

You could try 'resetting' the system of the car by pulling the shunt fuse out of the fusebox, this puts it back into transport mode and once you replace the fuse (back into the same spot) it will reset the memory of the car. This might reset the gearbox as well which could save a trip.
                  ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                  Bigfeet's File Repository
                  The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
                  X