Intermittent Engine shaking on start up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intermittent Engine shaking on start up

As u guys know I have a 110hdi, recently when starting the car up the engine has started to shake, shakes like 3 or 4 times then the shaking stops (during all this the engine idles fine).
    Anyone got any ideas on what's going on ???

Glow plugs or Fuel rail pressure slightly low, needs a few seconds build up.
    Check for fault in ecu, glow plug fault doesn't usually trigger engine light.
    White on red THP
    Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
      Glow plugs or Fuel rail pressure slightly low, needs a few seconds build up.
      Check for fault in ecu, glow plug fault doesn't usually trigger engine light.
      No fault in ecu, thanks Jamie. If if is the fuel rail pressure that's slightly low, how will I be able to regulate it ?

Comment

The Citroën ds3 has edu17 and it should give you an fault if it is the glow plug..

Have you noticed if the rpm is low when its shaking...? And if it is gone as soon as you touch the pedal just a bit.. ?
        Skilled Citroen Mechanic

Have diagnostic Lexia/Diagbox Tool

Comment

I had a similar problem - turns out the engine mounts had come loose - sounded like a problem with exhaust though - like it was blowing....but no - just the engine mounts to the body work...

Comment

Working...
          X