Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
    I must be, like many others lfc
    Must be lucky havent written mine off too eh?
    I like the way you keep saying there aren't any issues with newer DS3's as if that makes it true :cool:
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
      Back on topic..

..well, almost!

My temp gauge needle doesn't flick up to max and back when I switch on, like the rev counter & speedo do. I can't remember if it's supposed to.
      It doesn't just goes to work showing the temp while the others do their dance.
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by Toxic View Post
        I have had temp sensor done, coil packs changed, plugs changed, turbo coolant pump replaced, rear tailgate struts replaced, inner front guard, ECU updated, and Bluetooth updated. All within a year
        So car was put back into dealer on Monday whilst I was away for a few days.

Reverse sensor constantly on and slight noise at 3000rpm for first 1min or so when engine is cold.

Came back today, dealer still working on it. Replaced timing chain, tension and waiting on some other part too. Should be here by tomorrow

Another warranty claim, ha. At this rate Citroen will be out of pocket by the end of the year
        Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Mines a November 2012 build (Altho a March 13 plate) and done about 17k miles
          What years yours Toxic, and how many miles
          Your woes make me feel right inadequate (Fingers crossed lol)
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Just turned 32k, Jan 2012, think an extended warranty on this car maybe needed!
            Simon

Comment

Car still in with dealer hoping to get it back tonight
              Simon

Comment

Lets hope they give you a full honest report
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Yep they were, they were missing on part of the full Timing chain kit. the whole lost was replaced (£810 inc labour) under Warranty though Noise is gone on startup they have told me the timing chain was stretched and Hydraulic Tension was just about done. only issue i seen was when starting car first thing in the morning. jusy as the car reached 3000rpm a rattle (more like a vibrating plate/Heat Shield) would sound but if you increased the sound it went away. within 2 minutes you could not replicate the fault and Engine/car drove as normal.

Sorry for the hi-jacked thread.
                  Simon

Comment

Mine did this about a month ago, straight forward warranty claim, local Citroen Garage did it the next day. Sounds fairly common

Comment

Originally posted by timtim View Post
                      Mine did this about a month ago, straight forward warranty claim, local Citroen Garage did it the next day. Sounds fairly common
                      all Prince Engines are prone to this yet he Timing chain is suppose to last over a 100,000 miles (yea right!)
                      Simon

Comment

Mine just went too. At just 17,218km and two and a half years!

Comment

Welcome to the club
                          Simon

Comment

Interestingly torque pro scan gave me this error when the temps sensor was failing. The temp was going to 126 C but that was within reason despite it being wrong

MID:$81 TID:$72
                            - Fuel System Monitor Bank 1
                            Max: -2,457.6001 Min: 1,105.59998
                            Test result value: -3,264
                            FAIL

Comment

Car is not surprisingly running much more smoothly and powerfully now with a new sensor, it sneaks up on you slowly so you don't notice it at first just bad cold start and running first, then you notice the gauge can tbe reading correctly

Comment

Working...
                              X