Strange sound!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange sound!

Yesterday after a 90 km trip I started my engine and it seems to make a rough grrr sound (if that makes any sense) after 2000rpm..no engine check light on..could it be the belts or engine mounts?
    DS3's are like pizza..they're good even when they're bad..

Notice you have the HDi, It could be a DPF re-gen taking place ?

Comment

When mine is doing a DPF regen it sounds a bit like a hovercraft or a large fan (the car fan runs a lot faster) and the stop start is deactivated whilst the process completes. Is that the sound you're hearing ?
      sigpic

Comment

its a 1,4 engine but it only has 12500km on the clock so i dont think that the dpf is regenerating..yes,hovercraft could be a way of describing the sound..

Comment

I think the regen's happen from new mate, I certainly recall both mine doing it within a few months of picking them up from the dealers, they may have done it before and I didn't notice if I was driving along
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DS3 POWER View Post
            its a 1,4 engine but it only has 12500km on the clock so i dont think that the dpf is regenerating..
            DPF Regens happen every 500-800 miles so every 800-1300 KM...

I think you have your answer

Comment

Yeah but how come its the only time that I hear this sound?I should have heard lots of times before right?

Comment

Nope, based on Zacks mileage figures above some may have occured when you're driving on motorways or noisey roads, I think in the two years I've had a DS3 I've heard it maybe 5 times or so and that's over 36,000 miles ! So it's done the regen a lot of times
                sigpic

Comment

Most of the time the diesel regen will be happening at speed and the background road roar would drown this out.
                  ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                  Bigfeet's File Repository
                  The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

wtfffffff now i have 12500km and a warning came on to take it to citroen at 13500km for service..my book says take it to citroen at 15000km..dafuq im trippin

Comment

My diesel DS3 needs to be serviced at 12250 miles I think.... I would've expected the interval to be higher in KMs myself
                      sigpic

Comment

The indicator is designed to come on early to forewarn you about the impending service.
                        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                        Bigfeet's File Repository
                        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
                        X