Lpfp failure question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lpfp failure question

Hello, sorry if this has been asked before but I did some research and found no thread about it.

I have a 2011 ds3 thp 150. It has 32k kms and until now it has worked great. A week ago the car started to stall and sputter when the rpm raised above 3500 rpms. Did a test drive with the mechanic on the passenger seat and a laptop connected. When the problem occurs the fuel pressure drops to 3 and the engine is asking for 108 (suppose it is psi). Next they put a manometer to check the pressure from the in-tank fuel pump and they found that when the problem occurs pressure drops from 5 to 2. So, they believe it is the low pressure fuel pump. So far so good...... Except that they just called me to tell me that by procedure they should also replace the high pressure fuel pump and the injectors! This will be a bill in excess of US 3000.

is it really necessary to change the hpfp when the lpfp fails? I could get them to only change the lpfp be they will not warranty the repair.

Thank you for your help in advance!!

Hi Clayton, i am not exactly sure but plenty on here will no the answer, but my thought is that if its only the LPFP thats the problem then maybe only that should be changed but thats just me
    DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
    Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Is your DS3 out of warranty now Clayton ? In the UK we have 3 year warranties but I think elsewhere the warranty is for two years from new for the original owner.
      sigpic

Comment

Sounds expensive anyhow. Hence reason for extended warranties, for the THP, I think we are going to need them.
        Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

If it is not warranty work just ask them too change the in tank pump, if they will not then take the car to an independent garage and have them do it. Be aware that they want to change the others because they may have been damaged by the failing in tank pump. The way I see it is you could replace the High pressure pump later if the problem continues.
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Thank you all for your help. I live in Colombia and the warranty here is for 2 years, so yes, I am out warranty. I will ask them to only change the Lpfp. I find it hard to believe that such a minor incident can damage other parts of the car.

Comment

I was considering a 155 in a year or so, after reading all the problem threads I think I'll stick to my 115 diesel
              Instagram - danlock92

Citroen C2 1.4 HDi
              Citroen DS3 1.6 HDi Black Edition
              Citroen DS3 1.6 e-HDi Dstyle Red
              Citroen DS3 1.6 e-HDi Dsport Red
              Citroen DS 4 2.0 BlueHDi Dsport
              DS 3 1.2 Puretech EAT6 Dark Light

Comment

Originally posted by danlock92 View Post
                I was considering a 155 in a year or so, after reading all the problem threads I think I'll stick to my 115 diesel
                This is a 150... not a 155. 155 had some changes made. Nowhere near as many problems with the 155s
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                  This is a 150... not a 155. 155 had some changes made. Nowhere near as many problems with the 155s
                  Well in that case, I'll carry on my search.... in a year!
                  Instagram - danlock92

Citroen C2 1.4 HDi
                  Citroen DS3 1.6 HDi Black Edition
                  Citroen DS3 1.6 e-HDi Dstyle Red
                  Citroen DS3 1.6 e-HDi Dsport Red
                  Citroen DS 4 2.0 BlueHDi Dsport
                  DS 3 1.2 Puretech EAT6 Dark Light

Comment

Originally posted by danlock92 View Post
                    Well in that case, I'll carry on my search.... in a year!
                    Diesels not your thing then?
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

I had a High pressure pump fail on my 150 and it gave the same symptoms you are stating ..............no injectors were changed just the pump but it was under warranty
                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

My high pressure fuel pump failed and was replaced under warranty but I asked for the invoice and that showed just under £500.
                        May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
                        October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
                        Instagram @adamds3

Comment

If i were you Clayton, would go for the cheapest option first. Maybe go independant of Citroen as you are out of warranty
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Thank you all. I am going for the cheapest option, that is to just change the LPFP. Hope it cures the problem and I can keep enjoying my DS3 which except for this problem has been rock-solid and very fun to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Clayton View Post
                              Thank you all. I am going for the cheapest option, that is to just change the LPFP. Hope it cures the problem and I can keep enjoying my DS3 which except for this problem has been rock-solid and very fun to drive.
                              Good one. Dont see "Rock solid" used as a reference in a thread to a THP 150 that often LOL
                              Good luck- hope it gets sorted
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                              X