Steaming Up all the time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steaming Up all the time

Okay, so I've noticed this week that I've been steaming up on both the windscreen and rear Windows also. This is my configuration and how it's been set up today.

Why would that be causing me to steam up ? It clears after a quick blast but then it's back in 2 minutes ...

It is because you have a/c off. Press the auto button and set the temp to what is comfortable to you, and you will not have steamy windows. I do not notice much of a difference to fuel economy with a/c on either.
    sigpic

Current: DS3 Performance Black Edition
    Previous: DS3 110Hdi Dsport Plus

Comment

Could try having the air blowing the screen and not just your face
      2011 61 Plate, All Black DSport 150 THP, MyWay City Signature (SOLD)

2014 All Black DS5 DSport 200 THP

Comment

Blowing at screen makes it worse pal .

Comment

I'm not familiar with the automatic air con control layout so can't really tell, but you don't have the recirculation on do you? If you leave that on for too long rather than drawing air from outside it causes the windows to steam up. I'm guessing not as the button doesn't appear to be lit up, but it's worth me asking .

Comment

Press a/c, air recirculation (button to the right of the a/c) and the auto button where the hot and cold temp control is and see how you get on. Works for me.
            Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
            Take a pride in your ride
            @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Specs climate control doesn't know how to use it 😕 tbf though not many people do

Comment

In this weather, warm, have mine about 18 - 19 degrees with auto on, therefore aircon is on, therefore it won't steam up and is cool in the car.

Comment

Yep- air conditioning on for a minute or 2 should clear it, but not on a cold setting, as that will just chill the moisture in the warm air, and will settle on the glass. The air conditionig should be set to remove the moisture at close ambient temp as poss. (Well i know what i mean LOL)

As a back up, one of those anti-misting sponge wipes you can buy from Halfords, works for a few goes
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

More likely there is some water content either inside the car or on the pollen filter.

Condensation will build up usually when the inside of the car temp is lower than the outside or they other way round. Sometimes its just a matter of blasting the internal air with the a/c on a few minutes, or putting the windows down to allow outside air humidity to be the same.

Also make sure the recirculating button is off. Having it on will normal cause a build up of condensation.

Failing this check the spare wheel well in case there is water content in it.
                    Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

I've never had a problem with steaming in any weather, just put it on Auto A/C and set a comfortable temp. I think 20 is the mid point so I usually stick to that or 16-18 when it's sunny, 22-24 when it's cold.
                      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
                        I've never had a problem with steaming in any weather, just put it on Auto A/C and set a comfortable temp. I think 20 is the mid point so I usually stick to that or 16-18 when it's sunny, 22-24 when it's cold.

second that
                        never had problems with misting up
                        DS3 1.6THP 165 Pearlescent Ink. White roof.

Comment

Putting the auto A/C on you will never have a problem with misting up. Some people though don't like leaving on the A/C on as it's a drain on power and fuel consumption.
                          Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

With the rain you had back in the uK in the last few days you may have had a water leak.
                            White on red THP
                            Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Steaming Up all the time

The steam is from your breath. You need AC to take the moisture out of the air. Pop AC/Auto back on and you won't have a problem.
                              Last edited by keiranmussell; 20-07-2014, 21:58. Reason: Spelling
                              Using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X