X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 110 eHdi Gearbox noises

Hi all,
    Just when you think it's over! A new problem appears :-(
    I've seen two threads with similar posts; however, I suspect this might be different? Garage has already said they can't check it for a few months as their fully booked so might need to go elsewhere if it worsens.

When driving, if the vehicle is left in gear and I take my foot off the throttle pedal I get a "high pitched singing"/ "electrical whining" noise from the gearbox.
    This has started suddenly. However, I had reported gearbox problems when I first got the car where it would sometimes jump out of gear and even suffer a temporary loss of power. This was "ignored" by the garage as it couldn't be replicated, there were no errors shown and noises from the gearbox were standard.

The new noises have been reported to Citroen today and will eventually be looked at, but in the meantime; anyone had the same problems?

I have noticed a whining myself with the car. I've assumed it is normal and tried to ignore it. Be interested to see what citroen say, keep us updated.

Comment

We have had one ds3 With a factory faulty on the gearbox not because if the whining but because it jumped out of gear he got a new one..
      Skilled Citroen Mechanic

Have diagnostic Lexia/Diagbox Tool

Comment

I asked the citroen mechanic at Walkers citroen Kirkcaldy about this on Friday. According to him the diesels all seem to display this whining characteristic. Suppose we just need to accept it!

Comment

I've not noticed this on either of mine - don't suppose you have a recording of the noise I could listen to ?
          sigpic

Comment

I tried recording it once but listening to it afterwards it didn't reveal much. I've even been on the hands free speaking to someone and they didn't hear it through that either.

Comment

The first garage I took my car too also said the whining was normal, though didn't look any further at the other problems with it.
              The next garages have all refused to even look at the gearbox :-/ I guess I will have to wait for it to stop working all together first? Hopefully not in the next 6 years or so... (if I keep the car this long)

Comment

Only just realised after driving another car for last 2 weeks, but since visiting Jamie the whining noises from the gear box has stopped... Maybe the extra torque is enough to twist the gears better?

Comment

Sssshhhh ! Jamie might want to invoice you for fixing your gearbox
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X