warranty - engine fault light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warranty - engine fault light

Had the car 3 weeks. its just over a year old. We're 300 miles away from home for a few days so cant get to our local garage atm.
    wife driving car today.
    she was driving along when the engine fault message came on, it beeped and the orange engine icon came on.
    shortly after the low fuelmessage came on
    wife stopped put more fuel in. and got rid of low fuel message.
    engine fault light still comes on.

hoping that it will get us home ok.
    when i take it to citroen will they charge me for diagnosis or will it be coveed by warranty?

any further advice/info would be appreciated
    Sport Red / Black Roof 1.6 dstyle+ 2013

ps - dont kno if its relevant - the engine service due light is also on although the citroen dealer says they serviced it before selling it to me

Comment

Not sure whether i would drive 300 miles before taking it in with an engine warning light (My advice dont)
      Removing the service light is detailed in the manual from what i recall

A check at any approved Citroen service/dealer outlet shouldnt cost you anything- covered by warranty

Do you have service assistance package, or RAC or something- call them
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
        Not sure whether i would drive 300 miles before taking it in with an engine warning light (My advice dont)
        Removing the service light is detailed in the manual from what i recall

A check at any approved Citroen service/dealer outlet shouldnt cost you anything- covered by warranty

Do you have service assistance package, or RAC or something- call them
        I have a basic aa breakdown cover. can they diagnose it?

Comment

At least call them and ask- maybe even call your dealer and ask
          Better than a hefty cost for a problem incurred when driving on the light
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by vizzo View Post
            I have a basic aa breakdown cover. can they diagnose it?
            Yes they can, they will plug in to the plug in the glovebox which then Bluetooths the diagnosis message to the computer in the AA van. It will also tell the van how far the car has been driven since the light first came on. Car, if it can't be fixed by the AA, will be taken to Citroen and if applicable, be repaired under warranty.

This will help:
            http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10515
            Last edited by Clean Your Ride; 28-07-2014, 21:20.
            Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
            Take a pride in your ride
            @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

it's my driving tuition vehicle and I'm back to work Friday so better not be serious!
              just need to decide in morning whether to call aa or take into nearest Citroen garage to where I'm staying.

Comment

Is the car the diesel or the petrol? The light could be referring to the filter as the fuel was low, maybe worth giving the car a short drive in a low gear to see if the car will clear the light it's self.

In regards to the service light the easiest way to check is to turn the ignition on and watch where the odometer is, if you see a flashing spanner then the car needs a service (or the light reset!)

Bear in mind that when it comes to checks done on the car the time will be invoiced either to Citroen (fault found) or to you (no fault found).
                ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                Bigfeet's File Repository
                The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

thanks for advice.
                  aa man came. message was to do with air intake. hasn't re-ocurred yet. hope to get home ok and then will go to local citroen dealer if it happens again.

Comment

Thats good Vizzo- shouldnt drive on a light unless abs necessary
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                    X