Engine temp drop at high speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine temp drop at high speed

Right, lucky enough to take the we beast to 130 mph today, I noticed the temp display dropped to the far left of the centre bar as the speed past 110. Would this be normal, ie increased airflow.
    Run out of road but was accelerating nicely

Mine does that when i am cruising then when i slow down temp goes up slightly
    DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
    Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

My temps never move, even when I've cruised for extended periods at around 90mph but when I pushed the car today it dropped noticeably.

Comment

Not sure then SFG, mine has always done that though
        DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
        Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Maybe the level calibration isn't great as im sure some have suggested.

Comment

If the temp sensor moved significantly then you know what the issue is. It's more likely it's failing.

It is. one of the well known issues.

Mine used to move to the left all the time for a week, until it decided to move to the right, and the sensor packed in.

Think your ds3 is pre Nov 2011 so it is easy to replace the temp sensor. Should be at top/middle of engine on the right hand side just under the aire intake pipe.
            Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Drove around in Germany last weekend. Never noticed a change in temp at high speeds. My new temp sensor does the job just fine

Comment

Originally posted by Toxic View Post
                If the temp sensor moved significantly then you know what the issue is. It's more likely it's failing.

It is. one of the well known issues.

Mine used to move to the left all the time for a week, until it decided to move to the right, and the sensor packed in.

Think your ds3 is pre Nov 2011 so it is easy to replace the temp sensor. Should be at top/middle of engine on the right hand side just under the aire intake pipe.
                It has never moved other than that time, it was at close to maximum speed so im assuming the increased airflow had an effect. Once the car has fully warmed up the needle is steady in the dead centre.

Comment

Originally posted by FLP View Post
                  Drove around in Germany last weekend. Never noticed a change in temp at high speeds. My new temp sensor does the job just fine
                  Mine has never done it at high speed, but then again ive never had it at 130 before.

Comment

I still would not trust it
                    Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

It will move a bit, I notice it most frequently on a long downhill at highway speed. I just put it down to lots of air flow and relatively low throttle input. This is obviously slightly different to your situation though, sfg.

Comment

It may have been when I eased off so same detail as above.

Comment

Working...
                        X