Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remap Stage 1 on DS3 THP - Will it make your car run smoother?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remap Stage 1 on DS3 THP - Will it make your car run smoother?

Hello everybody!

So, sad to say, but my DS3 thp is in the shop! The good guys at Citroen are looking after her. I booked her in because while driving and under full acceleration at low revs, the car didn't accelerate smoothly! It would boost, but it felt as if there was some restriction, either filters, spark plugs, coils, leads, carbon build up, who knows. In fact, they don't know so they are checking everything for me. This means that I am DS3-less for a few days, maybe a few weeks!

So, with that said, I would like to know if anyone on this forum has modified their THP with stage 1 software, and have actually noticed that the car runs smoother, cleaner and if there have been less "maintenance" issues? I modified my old car, which I am driving now, and I won't lie, since I did a stage 1 and down pipe on the car, it just ran smoother, but that engine is quite a beast, so I wouldn't expect any issues out of it..

So, to sum it all up. I just want to know how other Stage 1 DS3 THP's run on a daily basis.?

Kind Regards
    Marko

Have a read of this thread:

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....itation+issues

I'd suggest getting the issue fixed and confirmation from your garage as to what repair work they've undertaken before you put any additional strain on the engine.

If anything, with a remap you'll see the turbo kick in a bit sooner and a smoother torque/power curve but I doubt it's going to solve the issues you're experiencing at the moment. That sounds like a mechanical fault, not an issue with the car's current map.
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Thanks

I will have a read through this post! I will see what they say when I get the car back

Will keep you posted...

Comment

I had similar issues with mine. I had Spark plugs, coil packs, Timing chain/tensioners and ECU updated all replaced under warranty in the last month or so. seems to be behaving itself for the time being, though may got for a Direct Injection Terraclean soon to removed any carbon build up that maybe there. just over 32k on the clock..

a modified car will put out more carbon so expect more build up on the inlet ports.
        Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Working...
        X