Strange Ds behaviour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Ds behaviour

Ok so I get a call off the missus this morning saying the car is 'acting up' lol....The fan is running on after engine turned off (not a warm day, or stuck in traffic), stop start not operating and when car was locked indicators are flashing (constantly?) and when unlocked (for longer than normal) I haven't seen the car yet to have a look, Anyone any idea's???
    Sport red Dsport+ 115 e-Hdi

Only idea I got.............don't let the missus drive the car!

JB

Comment

Haha tell me about it Jb!

Comment

Originally posted by Stepheno View Post
        Ok so I get a call off the missus this morning saying the car is 'acting up' lol....The fan is running on after engine turned off (not a warm day, or stuck in traffic), stop start not operating and when car was locked indicators are flashing (constantly?) and when unlocked (for longer than normal) I haven't seen the car yet to have a look, Anyone any idea's???
        Fan running after the engine is off is an indication that the car may be overheating. Check radiator fluid is between the min-max.

Failing that, it could be a temperature sensor that's broken.

With regards to the indicators, any chance you could post a video once you've seen it?
        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I checked the oil and water on sunday....so should be ok. Looks like it will have to go in to Citroen

Comment

Possibly could be battery related?

Comment

Originally posted by Stepheno View Post
              Possibly could be battery related?
              That or ECU/o2/temp sensor.

Citroen should be able to take a look at any error codes for you.

Good luck
              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Cheers! I'm not hopeful knowing the main dealer!

Comment

If you hadn't mentioned the indicators I would've said that the DS3 was undertaking a DPF regeneration, when mine does it the fan is activated and the stop/start is disabled to allow the regen to complete

Re the indicators is there anything trapped in the boot that's stopping it close properly ?
                  sigpic

Comment

That could explain the stop start fans etc yeah....I wouldn't mind betting there is nowt wrong with the indicator's lol
                    Last edited by Stepheno; 07-08-2014, 13:23.

Comment

It would be my bet.....
                      sigpic

Comment

Is that the usual procedure then during regen? My old Seat had a dpf but it just used to run slightly different during regen's

Comment

Yeah, as Biggie has said before if the regen runs whilst driving on a motorway etc we woudln't notice it, around town or at lights you will cos of the noisy fan and the deactivation of the stop/start

If mine is running when I park up I tend to let it finish before I turn the car off. It's happened twice I think and neither time did it take longer than 5mins to finish.
                          sigpic

Comment

Ok great...will check it over tonight! Thanks for your help

Comment

Re the flashers - they flash continuously for what seems like ages (probably about a minute!) if you press the wrong button on the zapper by mistake (ie press 'lock' when its already locked). Other than that - haven't a clue.
                              Shark grey / white Vti 120 DStyle ordered 2 March 2013, built 23 March 2013, collected 20 April 2013

Comment

Working...
                              X