Strange sound from engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange sound from engine

Help needed! can someone tell is this a normal sound from thp-engine? I think the sound is coming from
    valves? I can hear the sound when engine is cold and when it gets warm, noise disappears..

Go get your timing chain checked out.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I agree with Cyclone. Are you worried about the clicking sound or "sounds like a diesel"
      Would check/change the oil too
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
        I agree with Cyclone. Are you worried about the clicking sound or "sounds like a diesel"
        Would check/change the oil too
        Yes. All oils are changed about 1000km ago. My car was in service last week.

Comment

My car was today in service and they said its completely normal sound. And they said something about oil pressure.

Comment

I could say "They would say that wouldnt they"
            Did they check the timing chain and tensioner?
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

No they didnt. But if timing chain is the problem, why clicking sound disappears when engine gets warm?

Comment

Its the tensioner that clickes as far as i understand- trying to take up the slack in the chain
                Not sure why the noise stops, gives up i suppose. Maybe the chain gets lubed up after a while masking the problem
                Just what Ive gleaned from other posts, and videos that Ive seen

May well be perfectly normal of course. Lets hope so

What date of manufacture is your car?
                Last edited by Chris_Blue; 13-08-2014, 20:34.
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

I know its 2011, but i dont know exact date. Where I can find out it?

Comment

Originally posted by FINDS3 View Post
                    E-mail Citroen with your VIN number and they will tell you the exact date,here is the address, cuk_contactcentre@citroen.com
                    DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
                    Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Originally posted by Gazski66 View Post
                      E-mail Citroen with your VIN number and they will tell you the exact date,here is the address, cuk_contactcentre@citroen.com
                      Ok i will try that, thanks!

Comment

If its 2011 then its a THP 150 rather than the THP 155. A few differences in the PCV layout, and a fair few had issues with timing chains and tensioners
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

I took my car for service yesterday. Dealer just called to me and told that my timing chain is stretched. Fortunately, the car dealer gave me a year warranty when I bought the car.

Comment

I took my car for service yesterday. Dealer just called to me and told that my timing chain is stretched.
                            Quel Suprise LOL. Your cylinders may well need a blasting too......
                            sigpic
                            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                            X