Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nearside suspension knocking HDI 110 (Youtube video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nearside suspension knocking HDI 110 (Youtube video)

Hello,

Only had my car a little over 3 weeks, it is a 3 year old 110 HDi DSport.

Everything has been fine with the car until the last couple of days when I started hearing a kncoking noise from the passenger side suspension when driving along on rough road surfaces and over speed bumps. I dismissed it as first thinking it was nothing but it is now just getting annoying.

I had top mount issues on my 10 yr old golf and it is the last thing I expected with a 3yr old DS3 with 20K on the clock.

Anyway once home today I popped the bonnet and started to push up and down above the nearside arch/suspension area to try and replicate the noise... low and behold I discovered the clunk/knocking noise.

Is this a common issue with the cars? Reading through a few threads suggests that I'm not the only one, tracking also seems to be off and one tyre was replaced due to wear for the MOT. I starting to suspect there is an issue here...

I have a link to my video which I have uploaded onto YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjX_j8MKG9Y&hd=1

Thanks for looking

DT757
    Last edited by DT757; 12-08-2014, 21:43. Reason: link

check the anti-roll bar drop link - I seem to recall that they are prone to early failure
    Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Originally posted by Owd git View Post
      check the anti-roll bar drop link - I seem to recall that they are prone to early failure
      Thank you for that, going to phone the garage today.

Comment

Fixed, was a knackered NSF drop link.

Comment

Working...
        X