Suspension creaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension creaking

My DS3 is coming up to it's second birthday soon and has 15k on the clock and has recently developed a creaking sound when driving over small dips and crests in country roads, I haven't gone around pushing the car in each corner but from driving it sounds like the front driver side.

The 15k miles have been pretty uneventful and smooth for the car so I'm a little surprised to hear it creaking about like it was an old floorboard.

Is this a warranty job?

Certainly worth finding out what's making the noise.
    Might need nothing more than a spray of WD40 but better to be safe and find out.

JB

Comment

Do you get it when you go over speed bumps?
      I had something similar which Citroen sorted under warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by joeking27 View Post
        Do you get it when you go over speed bumps?
        I had something similar which Citroen sorted under warranty.
        Luckily there isn't a speed bump for miles, so I've no idea. I've driven over maybe five in the 2 years!

Comment

Could be the roll bar bushings need some grease.
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Yeah did cross my mind. I'll be getting rid of it soon so didn't want to shell out anything on it but if suspension woes are all under warranty then no harm in getting it done.

Comment

Welcome

Why are you getting rid?
              My DS3R3... nearly....
              New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Thanks. I'm coming to the end of the finance agreement, hence my desire to get the niggle looked at.

It's been a good two years but I'm on to something different now!

So if anyone wants a 62 110 DSport Plus and can beat the GFV be my guest

Comment

I hope that this suspension creaking problem is solved now. I am working on the brillassignment paper right now, and once I finish my paper, I will share a useful solution for this problem with you.

Comment

Working...
                  X