Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creaking Suspension

Hi all,

This is my first post on this site and I was just wondering if anyone could help me with my ds3 2010 1.6THP. Whenever I go over a speed bump, I've got an awful squeak coming from what sounds like my suspension though I could be wrong.
    Anyone suffered similar?
    Thanks
    Matt

Welcome been a lot of posts lately about this. First thing I would recommend looking at is the anti roll bar bushings. Might be dried out and in need of a little bit of grease between the bar and the bushing.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Brilliant, thank you very much

Comment

I have had the same problem, until the rain came!! Now waiting for one of the helpful folk on here to point me in the right direction with the WD40, post is titles Sloppy if you want to see the suggestions.

Originally posted by Hepple View Post
        Hi all,

This is my first post on this site and I was just wondering if anyone could help me with my ds3 2010 1.6THP. Whenever I go over a speed bump, I've got an awful squeak coming from what sounds like my suspension though I could be wrong.
        Anyone suffered similar?
        Thanks
        Matt

Comment

If it's the rubber bushes that are squeaking, don't spray them with WD40 or any petroleum-based product - you'll most likely damage the rubber!

Rubber suspension bushes are either bonded or an interference fit in their housing; there should be no movement between the rubber & the metal parts, movement being taken up by the rubber in shear. If they are squeaking the bond has failed - the only permanent cure is replacement.

. . . or just live with it, as I did for years on my Peugeot 405!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            If it's the rubber bushes that are squeaking, don't spray them with WD40 or any petroleum-based product - you'll most likely damage the rubber!

Rubber suspension bushes are either bonded or an interference fit in their housing; there should be no movement between the rubber & the metal parts, movement being taken up by the rubber in shear. If they are squeaking the bond has failed - the only permanent cure is replacement.

It is the anti roll bar turning in the bushings I was talking about. These bushings are 100% not bonded to the bar and a silicon grease will stop it from grabbing the rubber and allow it to twist freely as it is meant to do. For the rest of the bushings in the suspension this is true.
            Originally posted by cyclone
            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
            Originally posted by Broda
            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

Thank you, living with it isn't an option, OCD with noises!!!!! :0(

Comment

If we face any speed bump than we should apply breaks because it will damages the locomotive engine of the vehicles. Although uk bestessays review expands the information of every spare parts of vehicles.

Comment

Working...
                X