Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

both sidelight bulbs stuck in headlight unit!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• both sidelight bulbs stuck in headlight unit!?

Hi all,
    Much to my displeasure my new Ds3 got it's fancy new white led sidelights stuck in my headlight unit!
    This was no fault of my own as both of the LEDs have snapped at the base below the LEDs.
    My question is how can I get them out? Do I have a claim with the seller as the bulbs are clearly not fit for purpose?

Hopefully someone can help!

Luke

Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I'm not clear, are you asking how to remove the bases from the holders or the LEDs that have fallen inside the headlamp unit ? :confused:

If the former a pair of thin nose pliers should be able to work them out, if the latter I'm guessing you're going to need to remove the headlamp unit and tip the broken pieces out the back of the unit
      sigpic

Comment

The later lfcrule1972 :/ I'll put some pictures on, the bulbs base has completely snapped off on both bulbs! I've now replaced the bulbs and one of the sidelights will not turn on, (regardless of the bulb) bulbs are fine... What have I done?!?! :O

Comment

I had issues with LED sidelights from ebay/Amazon including some not working. Have you tried reinstalling the OEM side lights to check that the car is rejecting the replacement lights rather than now not working at all ?
          sigpic

Comment

I have indeed tried to reinstall both OEM side lights, the passenger side is working correctly regardless of bulb but the drivers side ceases to work with OEM fitted, I thought it could be a fuse but everything else in the car works!

Comment

Working...
            X