Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESP/ASR warning and no gas when pressing the accelerator!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESP/ASR warning and no gas when pressing the accelerator!!!

Sooo - today my new learner car is 3 days old and I encountered 2 faults already!!!!

I asked my pupil to apply gas, and there was nothing there, nothing at all.

Pulled over, swapped seats and. I had a go....nothing. The engine was ticking over but no revs when pressing the gas pedal.....turned it on and off...didn't do anything. Then after about 3-4 mins started working again....any ideas anyone?

10 mins later got the ESP/ASR warning light....not sure why, turned it off and on....stayed on.

Turned it off and on again - this time leaving it 5 mins....gone off now and not come back on since....any help anyone?

Cheers Folks

Paul:ds3:

Anyone help?

Comment

I think that fault message is a bit of a catch all mate, I had it on my original DS3 and the dealer checked it over and it was a faulty turbo valve and for good measure they replaced the pipe (I think that was the fault - a while ago now)

Normally I'd recommend the dealer looking it over but if it's stopped appearing who knows ?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
        I think that fault message is a bit of a catch all mate, I had it on my original DS3 and the dealer checked it over and it was a faulty turbo valve and for good measure they replaced the pipe (I think that was the fault - a while ago now)

Normally I'd recommend the dealer looking it over but if it's stopped appearing who knows ?
        You know what....i will, just for good measure....i'll ring them tomorrow.....the accelerator loss of power is a little strange....cheers

Comment

Hopefully it's something simple that was missed in your pre-delivery check
          sigpic

Comment

Could that happen? As in what does a pre-delivery check involve? Do you know if it would cover this stuff?

Comment

Don't know mate, I've seen Biggie talk about them before but not sure what they entail...
              sigpic

Comment

Happened again today.......going over a bumpy road.....slightly concerning as I had a test and no examiner will allow a car on test with a warning light on. Luckily it went off.

The garage tried saying its not covered by warranty and I would be charged to put the car on the diagnosis machine.....you can imagine what followed that statement....it included 'the car is only ******* 4 days old.....i love how a warning light on the dashboard at this early stage can be caused by anything other than there being a malfunction......grrrr

Anyway, my business guy came out and said it could be something to do with the dual controls and how they have been fitted and it may have affected the sensor or something.....

Is that possible? Bigfeet...a cry for advice, are you there..........

That said......i've booked it in with the dual control guy to 'adjust' the position of the pedals to prevent this from happening again....there is no difference to handling or anything....just the light coming on.....
                Last edited by Paul@PSM Driving School; 05-09-2014, 18:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul@PSM Driving School View Post

Anyway, my business guy came out and said it could be something to do with the dual controls and how they have been fitted and it may have affected the sensor or something.....
                  It's possible I suppose - if they've made a hash of fitting the kit such that the brake light switch is activating incorrectly

I go through a ford occasionally and if I try to gently brake to dry out the discs whilst applying power, my ESP light flashes and the power reduces
                  Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Hey Paul, sorry to hear your having issues. Surprised the dealership is not taking a more proactive view, granted unless a fault is found then they are within their rights to charge for time but still...

Not sure what could be causing the problem, but I had something very similar with a driving instructor customer of mine. The ESP light would come on with a lack of power, the problem was traced to the dual controls not being fitted correctly. Not suggesting that this is what maybe causing the problem but worth a start?
                    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                    Bigfeet's File Repository
                    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Hi Paul
                      I'm also a driving instructor using the DS3. I had a similar fault which was diagnosed as an issue with the fitting of the duals. What is probably happening is that the duals need adjusting as they are activating the brake switch on their own. This is then telling the ecu that you are stopping so when you try to apply gas the ecu is confused, just like citroen!!. Providing the duals were fitted by the dealership then they need to sort it out asap.
                      Hope this helps.

Comment

Owd git could be on to something there. On many cars when the brake is pressed the car will take measures to not allow you to give more gas. If the duel controls were adjusted improperly (right on the point that the switch activates)the car may intermittently think you are applying the brake when your not.
                        Last edited by cyclone; 07-09-2014, 19:25.
                        Originally posted by cyclone
                        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                        Originally posted by Broda
                        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Thanks all...:bow:....you're all singing off the same hymn sheet which is reassuring.....the pedals are really high and i think the installation guy (Citroen fitted as part of lease but use independent co to fit them) has fitted them too high.

For one thing, i hit the glove box with my toes when going for the pedals!

I,ve got it booked in for When I get back off holiday.

Thanks all again...i'll post back with any updates once happen.

Comment

Good luck mate - hopefully the pedal adjustment will fix this
                            sigpic

Comment

Hi Paul I am also an adi and also had the same problem after going to Citroen 3 time for fuel filters and software update was still not happy service manager asked was I using Tesco diesel which I was suggested not to as it was causing the problems since the change it drives sweet. Hope this is of some help

Comment

Working...
                              X