Interior Light bulb change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior Light bulb change

A highly technically challenging prospect lies before us...

How do you change the interior light bulb in the DS3? Specifically, how do you remove the plastic "lens" covering the bulbs correctly, without pulling the roof lining off the car?

Thanks in advance for the un-sarcastic comments and/or jokes! ^_^
    MM.
    Last edited by MadMan0; 07-09-2014, 19:57.

RTFM

. . . page 198, unless there's been a change since mine was published.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      RTFM

. . . page 198, unless there's been a change since mine was published.
      Must have changed, mine has nothing on this. Pg 217 says it needs 2 w5w bulbs, but doesn't cover changing them.
      Page 198 covers how to inflate flat tyres in my car's manual.

Comment

Maybe you have to inflate the tyres before you can get the bulbs out!!
        Shark grey / white Vti 120 DStyle ordered 2 March 2013, built 23 March 2013, collected 20 April 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
          Maybe you have to inflate the tyres before you can get the bulbs out!!
          Sorry - not helpful!

On page 217 of my manual it says "Interior lamp (1/W5W) Detach the cover of the interior lamp with a thin screwdriver, close to the button, to access the failed bulb"
          Shark grey / white Vti 120 DStyle ordered 2 March 2013, built 23 March 2013, collected 20 April 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
            Sorry - not helpful!

On page 217 of my manual it says "Interior lamp (1/W5W) Detach the cover of the interior lamp with a thin screwdriver, close to the button, to access the failed bulb"
            Great, thanks! Would help if I could read...
            Now more out of being lazy, which LED lights work best for the "reading lamps" and main interior bulb? :-D

Comment

I've got blue led 501's in mine with 4smd there really bright for being blue

Comment

Nooooooo.
                Back to the beginning;
                Finally got round to buying new bulbs and removing the interior light to replace them. Upon removing the lense and seeing the bulbs I noticed something strange. The bulbs looked New, as in, Never used. :o
                Sure enough the bulbs are fine. :-/
                Replaced anyway to try a different bulb, same result. The circuit looks intact, switches appear fine too...
                So it looks like a wiring or plug fault :,-(

Will call Citreon garage with the 11th warranty claim on Monday :-/
                Even worse, I move in 6 days...

Comment

Check fuse number F7 in the glovebox.
                  Originally posted by cyclone
                  It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                  Originally posted by Broda
                  I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                    Check fuse number F7 in the glovebox.
                    Fuses are fine; although a pain to check becuase I can't find my fuse removal tool :-/
                    To be clearer, it is only the "reading lamps" which do not work.
                    I haven't taken the plug apart as I didn't want to risk voiding the warranty, but the wires are solid.

I'll post back once the garage have had a look, hopefully soon if they aren't "fully booked" forever still...

Comment

Working...
                    X