1st mot passed but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st mot passed but...

Well my cars passed its 1st mot today but had an advisory that my brake pads need changing as there worn ALOT!! And also the anti roll bar needs replacing under warrenty.
    Question is what pads do people recomend, im tempted to buy the ebc green stuff pads but does anybody know what size i need for a 2011 1.6 hdi? Think they come in 266mm or 283mm :/
    Cheers
    Obsidian Black/Carmen Red
    DS3 Dsport HDI 110
    :cool:

EBC green stuff pads are worth it. I think the smaller size is the non-racing pad.
    Their website has an option to check via your reg if I remember correctly.

Comment

Thank you, il order the smaller size then
      Theres one fault i have they cant find the cause which is when de-accelerating / rolling as the revs drop down theres a clicking sound coming from the front, If anybody knows roughly what it could be id really appreciate it
      Obsidian Black/Carmen Red
      DS3 Dsport HDI 110
      :cool:

Comment

Another difference between UK and German spec! Over here the 110 has the bigger brakes along with the THP. The racings use an even bigger 302mm diameter disk to go with their cool calipers
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by Dsportdan View Post
          Well my cars passed its 1st mot today but had an advisory that my brake pads need changing as there worn ALOT!! And also the anti roll bar needs replacing under warrenty.
          Question is what pads do people recomend, im tempted to buy the ebc green stuff pads but does anybody know what size i need for a 2011 1.6 hdi? Think they come in 266mm or 283mm :/
          Cheers
          Was there not a recall for the roll bar or did i imagine it
          DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
          Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Greenstuff, definitely recommended too.

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
              Another difference between UK and German spec! Over here the 110 has the bigger brakes along with the THP. The racings use an even bigger 302mm diameter disk to go with their cool calipers
              I asked Greenstuff for some help with discs/pads for my 115 eHDi and they replied:
              You will see that i have listed 2 front discs the GD1047 266mm Dia is for the normal 1.6TD 110 but on some of the later models especially a Sport model EBC Technical believe the bigger GD1069 282mm Dia maybe fitted.
              When I have the time I'll need to remove the wheel and measure the discs to see which I have. I know the callipers are different front to back from when I painted them
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X