Battery problem???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery problem???

Hi everybody, first time on here and looking for some help - I have 1.6 Airdream dtstyle plus 90 ehdi, 40k on the clock and just under 2 years old with until now no problem. Left the car at Birmingham airport whilst on holiday for 2 weeks, on return car was dead as a do do. Managed to get a jump start from a power pack with one of the car park attendants which got me on my way. Travelled for about an hour and stopped for diesel - car failed to start again. Started it off a roll, drove for another hour home. Turned off the car and again wouldn't restart. Service light is displayed on the dashboard and engine fault showing in diagnostics. Battery has now charged for 6 hours which I hoped would resolve the problem, yet it still won't start, but does at least now open and lock with the fob. If this is a battery problem any ideas about changing it or should it be done through Citroen? Any help would be much appreciated.

Have a look at euro parts about the cheapest you will find even cheaper if give them a call & pick it up yourself should be easy to fit don't think battery covered in warranty mine wasn't on a previous car even though still had 6 mints warranty left on battery

Comment

could be a possible earthing issue. Citroen did recall a number of DS3's for this type of issue.
      Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Moved from 'Website Troubleshooting'
        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

First you need to check the voltage on the battery once it's 'charged', this will tell you if the battery is at fault.

Your best best would be to have your dealer give the car a quick check over, don't go buying the cheapest battery out there - pay a little more and get a quality item.
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Check your car for a recall http://www.citroenrecalls.co.uk/
            Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Working...
            X