Rear Parking Sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Parking Sensors

I'm just about to fit aftermarket parking sensors to Déesse (yeah they look OK and work just fine - I installed a set on our Sedici last year!)

I've found some fairly small images of the rear of a DS3 with the OEM ones fitted on t'internet so I can see where they are fitted on the black rear 'valance,' but I can't tell if they are angled down from the surface.

The set I have contains small wedges to provide this facility but I don't know if they're needed.

Is there anyone out there who has the OEM fitment who would be prepared to post a few close up pix to guide me?

Thanks in anticipation

The Old One
    Last edited by Owd git; 31-01-2011, 20:49.
    Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

I would have thought that the sensors should face straight back, or maybe slightly down, assuming that they are ultrasonic transducers then they need to "receive" the reflected sound wave so that the electronis can process it and give an indication of how far you are from a fixed object. At least that's how all the Ultrasonic detectors that I've used in the past have worked.
    So I assume that the maker supplies small wedges so that the installer can adjust the sensors to suit a variety of situations.

Comment

Originally posted by john55810uk View Post
      So I assume that the maker supplies small wedges so that the installer can adjust the sensors to suit a variety of situations.
      Yes indeed - I guess what I'm really asking is are the OEM sensors fitted flush with the surface which would leave them angled slightly upwards? - I would prefer not to use wedges for appearance sake but not at the expense of compromising performance
      Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

not the best picture, it was dark and cold outside. But it gives you some idea on how they are fitted

if you need some better ones let me know and I will take some during the day

Steve

Comment

Secret for you.......take your valance or rear bumper off. and there is guide holes there for the sensors already

;]

You did not see this message

Comment

Thanks boys so no wedges needed then and no measuring needed

Comment

No no....theres 4 guide holes in the valance....all you need is a cone cutter and your done ready for the sensors

Comment

Sure Herby that's what I meant - no need to measure anything it will be obvious where they go when I take the valence off although I didn't notice any marks when I took it off to fit me tow bar

Thanks for you help

Comment

They are faint on the plastic. but look closely and you will see the four circles there. Hope it helped anyway :]

Comment

Working...
                  X