gear lever locks in park automatic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gear lever locks in park automatic

My wifes DS3 Auto sometimes lock the gear lever in park if she idles for a bit. She then has to switch off the engine and restart the car, then the gear lever can move down to the gears. Is this normal or do you think there could be a problem with the auto box. Its a 2014 DS3 auto.

Gary.

How long is a bit?

I've heard this happening on a C3 auto a short while back, on the EGS systems the gearbox drops back into neutral after a while sitting in gear and I am wondering if the autobox is doing something similar to protect it's self.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

My Old 2011 C3 1.6i Exclusive Automatic never did this, unless as bigfeet said maybe a new feature to protect itself.
      A Citroën Fanatic

CE14 C3 Picasso 1.6i VTi Exclusive EGS In Pearl White, With 17" Clover Alloy Wheels, Black Pack, Chrome Mirror Covers, Mudflaps, Wind Deflectors, Hand Controls & Steering Ball.
      CE11 WOH C3 1.6i VTi Exclusive Auto With 17” Sonneberg Alloy Wheels & Visability Pack.My Old Car.
      CA10 KZB C4 Picasso 2.0HDi 138BHP VTR+ EGS, Brothers Old Car.

Comment

I know my C4 EGS will change back to neutral if left too long in gear. The bit, bit would be about the time it take the guys to wash her car. It doesnt happen all the time she says. I'll have to take it for a drive to test it out and report back later. Thanks for the replies.

I have told her to only use park when she has parked the car and to use neutral when idling for any length of time. Coming to think about it, that might be right as park is only for parking and if you put it in park, then the car thinks that you are parking the car and you dont leave the engine runing when parked.

Gary.
        Last edited by crapday; 04-10-2014, 19:43.

Comment

Working...
        X