1st Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Service

Just had 1st service done at Bristol Street Citroen Nottingham, having heard that the free servicing doesn't cover the cost of the whole service (parts/fluids) I only paid an extra £24 for a engine oil flush and fuel system cleaner additive which I was offered as an additional service.
    DS3 1.6 Bluehdi Dsport Plus :STrooper:

Oh, I've not had to pay anything in addition for my 1st services, the 2nd free service is due in 2500 miles will see if they ask me for anything then.
    sigpic

Comment

£24? Not a bad price for a fiver's worth of snake oil!

Comment

Think it says in service manual that oil change is included in the free 2nd service.

Comment

Parts if required are additional cost though as you have stated.

Comment

The service is free (included in the price of the car). The flush and fuel system additives are simply extras, like when you go to a Shell garage and whilst at the counter, the assistant asks "two bottles of pop for £2"

I was asked the same when I booked my car in for second service if I wanted to uplift the dealers sales figures.

Final note, took the car to Perrys at Milton Keynes...faultless service...even got a DS3 as a courtesy car.
            62 Reg DS3 DStyle Plus - Sport Red with Black Roof

Comment

Having used a fuel system cleaner additive on all my bikes/cars every service and engine oil flush I find the results speak for themselves. When you consider the cost of the products used would cost £20+ from Halfords etc. It's not a bad price.
              DS3 1.6 Bluehdi Dsport Plus :STrooper:

Comment

Working...
              X