2010 thp oil and oil filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 thp oil and oil filter

What is people's opinions on best brand of oil to use on my thp??
    And is it worth me upgrading to racing oil filter? Does it even fit? Or is it identical to standered thp filter?

If your THP is still under warranty, (Yours obvs not as a 2010) would use the TOTAL stuff they recommend *And keep the receipt). I do but obvs its down to you.

However, Ive always been tempted to use a "thicker" heavier type oil, maybe after consulting someone like OPIE oils, as i think a thicker oil would stay coated over parts for more time. My son-in law suggested a thicker oil, as he thought with a Turbo, this is more normal, and he is a mechanic at Ford

Oil filter- whatever fits and goes with the oil used

Let us know what you do Gaz
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

use a FULL synthetic of what weight is recommended for your climate,
      over here in AUS i use penrite extra 10, 5w40.

For filter, you can use a generic one, but i preffer those wth the double folding for extra surface area like:
      ebeay item 161023296517

I like the idea of a little extra surface area in the filter.

as for the ds3 racing filter, according to my service manual, all citroen thp engine filters are the same specification. Factory filters should be the purflux L138a.
      Last edited by cameron20020; 20-10-2014, 04:04.

Comment

Personally I'd use the recommended stuff Total or Mobil 1 with factory Filter/Mann Filter.
        Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys I have all ways used magnetecs or how ever you spell it... So was thinking do I try a change and use what they recommend.. the filter was the main thing wanted better cleaning but not to restric oil flow

Comment

there is a video on MANN filter from Frank Massey (Auto Inform) over here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKwmk1RYHpk

Frank has many videos on vehicle subjects and is "one of the UKs leading Diagnostics experts"

EuroCar parts usually sell MANN filters.
            Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Working...
            X