Another problem!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another problem!

So now my heating system isnt working, and when i get out the car the cooling fans are running like mad... ARG!

You checked you aint got a blown fuse for the heaters?

Comment

Would make more sense to give better info, ie which heater version do you have, is it the manual aircon unit or the auto unit.
      And it is not unusual for the cooling fans to run on after the car has stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by john55810uk View Post
        Would make more sense to give better info, ie which heater version do you have, is it the manual aircon unit or the auto unit.
        And it is not unusual for the cooling fans to run on after the car has stopped.
        Agreed with this, also your post title should reflect your problem making it easier for other club members having the same problem to find this post.

Give us more details and lets see if we can sort you out mate
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

sorry, was late and very annoyed!

Ok, so I have the electronic climate control system in the car. I was driving it to normal temp and noticed that not only will the heat not get to temperature (it blew very cold - infact it was no difference with or without the aircon!) the engine temp seemed to go a little higher than normal. Ive never heard the engine fans running before after a drive. The drive was only about 10 mins. I will check the fuses, but i have a sneaky suspision that its the thermostat thats stuck or something.

Driving last night in -5'C weather was not fun at all....

Comment

That does sound like a trip back to the dealer is required, best thing would be to go out again today and see if the fault is repeatable.
            Assuming that the climate control appeared to be working, ie fan running and display active, that would seem to rule out a blown fuse

Comment

ok, so decided to checkc the fuses (all seem ok) and took it for a drive over the dual carrageway to get it upto temp. the coolent gauge once at normal temp starts fluctating quite alot when cruising which is very odd - will be the coolant fans pumping away. when i parked up they stayed on at max for a little while then min for a while longer until they eventually stopped. Also the cruise control also seems to have stopped working - says its "impossible".Lastly another thing I have noticed recently is that the car has a very sweet smell coming from the exhaust. sometimes you can smell it in the cabin (very slightly). I took off the oil cap and there is no mayo but the engine inside has the same smell. I dont use bio-diesel or anything - just tesco/asda diesel.

I do think these are fairly related somehow. I just got the car back a few days ago from the garage checking the parking sensors (which of course started working when they had it) and getting the wheels realligned. I am starting to get a bit upset about all the problems. I dont mind the smaller ones, but they are now getting bigger.

*edit*
              Oh and yes, the display works great, the fans are running without problem. F**k.

Comment

Originally posted by ricostuart View Post
                I took off the oil cap and there is no mayo but the engine inside has the same smell.
                Was There Ketchup ?

Comment

lol! Only if i get really annoyed then it will probably bite back!

Does anyone know if any Citroen garage can do the warrenty work? The reason I ask is that I usually take it to the dealer i bought it from which is about 45 mins drive away but there is a closer citroen place near where i live.

Comment

You can use ANY Citroen dealer, Bought mine in Derby and is looked after by dealer in Woking (Surrey)

BTW you sure that the sweet smell isn't coming thro the ventilation system (the smelly air freshener)

Comment

It does sounds like a temp sensor maybe at fault mate, you can take your DS3 to any Citroen dealer for the warranty work.
                      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                      Bigfeet's File Repository
                      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

The smell is defo From the exhaughst or engine. Pain in the arse. Will call local citroën tomorrow as this needs sorting asap.

Comment

Working...
                        X