Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Advice please

Hi All a little advice

car went into main dealer Dublin to address a problem i am having with the alarm & when in i decided to ask for oil and filter change as 10000 Kms now covered since new in Feb, i noticed this crumpling of the front sills both driver and passenger side when checking out the car on Saturday (been a bad week of rain so not noticed previously) I have never used a jack on the car and this is the first time it has been off the ground since new, I have reported it to the dealer and will be leaving it with them on this Wednesday coming and am a little worried as to the outcome. Welcome any comments please
    There are old pilots, There are bold pilots but there are no old bold pilots

I've seen this on some other members DS3s at shows - seems to be at or near the jack point. Could be the jack was not exactly on the jack point. Definitely have the garage look at it.

Comment

Ohh they will be looking at it alright spoke to them today and they said they use cups that protect the jacking points, obviously not the case here and some expensive bodywork ahead for them i would guess

Comment

Originally posted by pmk View Post
        I've seen this on some other members DS3s at shows - seems to be at or near the jack point. Could be the jack was not exactly on the jack point. Definitely have the garage look at it.
        This. I've seen it on a few members cars too.
        - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by Stevesulsh View Post
          Ohh they will be looking at it alright spoke to them today and they said they use cups that protect the jacking points, obviously not the case here and some expensive bodywork ahead for them i would guess
          And they very well could have used their cups to protect the jacking points but if they are not positioned right? This is exactly what will happen when the lift is lifting on the plastic trim and not on the body where the trim is cut away on the backside at the jack point.
          Last edited by cyclone; 06-12-2014, 17:16.
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
            And they very well could have used their cups top protect the jacking points but if they are not positioned right? This is exactly what will happen when the lift is is lifting on the plastic trim and not on the body where the trim is cut away on the backside at the jack point.
            Many thanks for that will see what they say tomorrow

Comment

Dealer said nothing said they had not received my email reporting the damage stating an internal
              server error means there is a 36 hour delay in receiving emails.
              They have taken the car in to look at the alarm central locking issue but are playing it cool and avoiding the subject of my damaged
              car and didn't even as much as glance at it being more interested in proving there is nothing wrong with the alarm. I have copied my email with an explanation to PSA Peugeot Citroën in Paris and await a response from them will keep you posted
              any other avenues of complaint would be gratefully received

Comment

I'd also ensure Citroen UK are copied in on your complaint

cuk_contactcentre@citroen.com
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                  I'd also ensure Citroen UK are copied in on your complaint

cuk_contactcentre@citroen.com
                  Thanks for that

alarm issue fixed turned out bonnet switch intermittantly faulty new one ordered in and installed all good. also had a meeting with
                  the service manager and informed that "without admitting responsibility for the damage" that the car would be repaired by Citroen
                  Dublin in due course , again I will keep you posted

Comment

Well no contact from Citroen Dublin yet as to a date for the bodyshop but thanks to lfcrule1972 for his contact email I received a request from Citroen UK today requesting my VIN no. so some progress there and in my favour I have all you guys and girls behind me

Comment

Really pleased this is getting sorted for you
                      sigpic

Comment

At last a response from Citroen Dublin, but only after another email to Citroen Uk customer service threatening legal, I then got a call
                        from the lovely Lauren full of apologies who assured me she would call Dublin and and sort them out. still no word of an apology from
                        Dublin branch but Car now booked in to bodyshop 16th December fingers crossed for a good repair.

Comment

Well not so good news
                          As arranged by Citroen Dublin I left my car with them on 16/12/2014 for repair of the damage caused by them while in their care I was given a courtesy car to use while the DS3 was in the bodyshop and was called by John in service on the 22nd of December to collect the car, the car had been cleaned outside (not hoovered inside) and was in a well lit area for inspection. on inspection of the repair I noticed that both sill trims were still distorted and did not fit cleanly to the bodywork (as pre damage) there is a gap both front and rear both sides that you can see daylight through! I asked John to take a look and he agreed this was not correct and called the bodyshop (unknown) for an explanation. He was told that distortion had occurred to the trims when the car was lifted and that they had tried to heat the trims to fit correctly and this obviously did not work, I refused to accept the repair and left it with John to order new trims and to proceed again when in and now we are 3 weeks into the new year and I have heard nothing from Citroen Dublin.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevesulsh View Post
                            Well not so good news
                            As arranged by Citroen Dublin I left my car with them on 16/12/2014 for repair of the damage caused by them while in their care I was given a courtesy car to use while the DS3 was in the bodyshop and was called by John in service on the 22nd of December to collect the car, the car had been cleaned outside (not hoovered inside) and was in a well lit area for inspection. on inspection of the repair I noticed that both sill trims were still distorted and did not fit cleanly to the bodywork (as pre damage) there is a gap both front and rear both sides that you can see daylight through! I asked John to take a look and he agreed this was not correct and called the bodyshop (unknown) for an explanation. He was told that distortion had occurred to the trims when the car was lifted and that they had tried to heat the trims to fit correctly and this obviously did not work, I refused to accept the repair and left it with John to order new trims and to proceed again when in and now we are 3 weeks into the new year and I have heard nothing from Citroen Dublin.
                            Bad times

Sounds like it might be worthwhile getting CUK involved now..
                            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

This is actually cut and pasted from my letter to CUK (Lauren) sent Thursday Friday and again today so far without response I have called the helpline and
                              been put thru to the service desk and then left messages with my case number twice, again without response!! next step is legal i think

Comment

Working...
                              X