How to check gearbox oil level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to check gearbox oil level

As the title says, any pointers on how to check the oil level in the gearbox?

Thanks

Should not need to. The Gearbox is filled for life and there is no real way to check the level except to drain and refill with the proper amount (2.1 liters). Is it leaking?
    Last edited by cyclone; 05-11-2014, 14:43.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
      Should not need to. The Gearbox is filled for life and there is no real way to check the level except to drain and refill with the proper amount (2.1 liters). Is it leaking?
      Yeah the brass nut on the underside of the gearbox showed a little leakage. Was thinking that it could be linked with my gearbox issue. Will upload a picture later.
      Last edited by DT757; 05-11-2014, 19:26.

Comment

Generically speaking, to check the gearbox fluid level you would undo the nut/plug to fill the gearbox. This plug is normally on the max fill line when the car is level, so if oil drips out of the filler, then the fluid is at the correct/topped up level.
        Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by MadMan0 View Post
          Generically speaking, to check the gearbox fluid level you would undo the nut/plug to fill the gearbox. This plug is normally on the max fill line when the car is level, so if oil drips out of the filler, then the fluid is at the correct/topped up level.
          Hope this helps.
          No, not with the PSA MCM gearbox it is filled from a vent plug on top.
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Working...
          X